Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Cleveland Ohio
So I have just purchased a slightly used N800 running OS2008. I am new to Linux and to internet tablets as a whole. I purchased the N800 with the intent to use it to run several security based apps such as aircrack-ng, and kismet, along with some blue tooth apps. And my question is where do I even begin? Is having the factory OS going to make this more or less difficult? Should I install something different? Where is a good place to find detailed information on installation of various programs. I have tried to play around with it a little but every time I try to follow the little guide somebody has posted about how to install the program I always get a File Not Found error and being new to Linux I am not sure how to fix this? Sorry for the rambling just looking for a little help

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Krazor69 --

You might want to use the forum's search capabilities to find the various threads on wireless network security, aircrack-ng, kismet, WEP encryption, WPA encryption, and the like...

The short story is: There's (currently) no way to use the internal wireless network hardware to inject packets, so the "wireless network security" aspects of this device are somewhat impeded. Some have had success using an external 802.11b/g wireless device -- again, search for the threads on this subject for details on specific hardware, software, and configuration they used for that...

I'd suggest that you first bookmark this link for Google search for this forum.

There are previous discussions about these tools that you might like to read first and contribute to.

And welcome to the world of Nokia tablets!

Ok so I have a small problem I can't find a link to a current host of becomeroot all the links i find have been taken down

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Krazor69 View Post
Ok so I have a small problem I can't find a link to a current host of becomeroot...
Try "rootsh" instead. It effectively replaces becomeroot and has the advantage of being in Extras, so it should be readily installable from within Application Manager on your tablet already.

Thanks for the help with the root. But I hit another bump in the road no one seems to host a current kismet repository. According to Kismet wireless they stated that they were asked to remove there repository by Meamo so my question is, Is there a third party site where I can find one or is there an alternative

so does anybody have a currentt repository or a program that still has support