Active Topics

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
its being reject rom the repo repo.pub.meego.combecause you have already installed it from com.nokia.maemo (probably OVI, and first one probably meego.
Two different sources, same app.
Yea...I got it from Store...but the fact that it detected an upgrade ...its ok....as long as the problem's fixed with the updating/installing...I'm happy.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
same issue here. Hope there is an other solution than enabling develloper mode...

Originally Posted by ezameht View Post
same issue here. Hope there is an other solution then enabling develloper mode...
I dont think you need developer mode just terminal installed or maybe a filemanager can deleted that file but you might run into permissions issues.

I have not tried this but it is worth a shot.

https://gitorious.org/meego-terminal
http://store.ovi.com/content/204982?...e=search&pos=2
http://www.mediafire.com/?d11kj4t5jtd8xxr

-Mike

Last edited by mikee805; 2012-03-01 at 22:19. Reason: skipped a word

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I successfully installed GTalk Video App after restarting 3 times.

Third time, I went directly to store and installed it. No errors.

Once I added a new account for my GMail logged in and available online, I am able to see the option for video call under my GMail contacts.

So, I guess this has something to do with some cache file getting locked and probably some background process is putting a lock on it.

Edit:
I checked the application update tab and it said it is up-to-date (bug 1044 gone). I clicked application update refresh button and it took a long time. I closed the app by swipe down.

I went back to the store and tried to install another app. I got the same error.

So, I guess the application update app is locking something and causing this issue.

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2012-03-01 at 23:05.

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I successfully installed GTalk Video App after restarting 3 times.

Third time, I went directly to store and installed it. No errors.

Once I added a new account for my GMail logged in and available online, I am able to see the option for video call under my GMail contacts.

So, I guess this has something to do with some cache file getting locked and probably some background process is putting a lock on it.

Edit:
I checked the application update tab and it said it is up-to-date (bug 1044 gone). I clicked application update refresh button and it took a long time. I closed the app by swipe down.

I went back to the store and tried to install another app. I got the same error.

So, I guess the application update app is locking something and causing this issue.
You did
rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list
and still have the issue with installing apps?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by vzp916 View Post
You did
rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list
and still have the issue with installing apps?
I did not do any suggested solutions using the terminal. I just restarted and tried and then I was able to install the apps successfully.

Application installs stopped working again once I went back to the Application Update screen and refresh.

I will try deleting the filemanager.list tonight when I get home.

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I did not do any suggested solutions using the terminal. I just restarted and tried and then I was able to install the apps successfully.

Application installs stopped working again once I went back to the Application Update screen and refresh.

I will try deleting the filemanager.list tonight when I get home.
After reboot it would let me install one app and then give me the error again...I suggest you try the solution, if you're not familiar with terminal....
get filebox (reboot, open Store and Search FileBox, Install, do it 3 times if needed)

Open file box, go to settings, enable "Show root filesystem:" and "Show hidden files"

Hit the ^ button a bunch of times, then go to etc>apt>sources.list.d
and delete filemanager.list

I did it via terminal...it's easy, so I don't know if you can actully delete it via filebox...but give it a try

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ecuador
After reboot it would let me install one app and then give me the error again...I suggest you try the solution, if you're not familiar with terminal....
get filebox (reboot, open Store and Search FileBox, Install, do it 3 times if needed)

Open file box, go to settings, enable "Show root filesystem:" and "Show hidden files"

Hit the ^ button a bunch of times, then go to etc>apt>sources.list.d
and delete filemanager.list

I did it via terminal...it's easy, so I don't know if you can actully delete it via filebox...but give it a try
Hi I am having this error when I try to download an app from the store and when installing with file manager, "unable to start operation" "refreshing cache, please wait."

I did the terminal fix but nothing happened, I am in pr1.2, the strange thing is that I was able to install apps with no problems, but after installing the gtalk video thing I got this problem.

help?

Originally Posted by marnuc View Post
Hi I am having this error when I try to download an app from the store and when installing with file manager, "unable to start operation" "refreshing cache, please wait."

I did the terminal fix but nothing happened, I am in pr1.2, the strange thing is that I was able to install apps with no problems, but after installing the gtalk video thing I got this problem.

help?
Try to install right after reboot

Gtalk has nothing to do with this

Also...if you did the terminal trick to remove filemanager.list problem should of gone away

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ecuador
Try to install right after reboot

Gtalk has nothing to do with this

Also...if you did the terminal trick to remove filemanager.list problem should of gone away
I will try it again and let you know, also tried to install with the terminal and i got "failed loading policy"

The Following User Says Thank You to marnuc For This Useful Post: