Active Topics

I have found how to change the sound that plays when the system receives a new email. I have not been able to find how to get the sound to play only once. I was hoping someone could give me an idea or point me in the right direction.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
by default, the sound play just one time

the sound is

/usr/share/sounds/ui-new_email.wav

you can edit this .wav file as your flavor
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LABAUDIO For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
by default, the sound play just one time

the sound is

/usr/share/sounds/ui-new_email.wav

you can edit this .wav file as your flavor
If you play the default sound you will find it is a single 'ching', new email produces a 'ching ching'.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by TheConstruct View Post
If you play the default sound you will find it is a single 'ching', new email produces a 'ching ching'.
Why not 3 ping pong
all is possible here...

but if you default make ''ching ching'' instead ''ching''...

Just take the sounds i said uphere (ui-new_email.wav)...open in audio editor like Audacity...and cut 2 ching for 1 ching (cut half time of entire default sound)...save it...and crush your old one file by this new hair cut one!

all for yours help
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
Why not 3 ping pong
all is possible here...

but if you default make ''ching ching'' instead ''ching''...

Just take the sounds i said uphere (ui-new_email.wav)...open in audio editor like Audacity...and cute 2 ching for 1 ching (cut half of entire default sound)...save it...and crush your old one file by this new hair cut one!

all for yours help
You are not understanding, so I will try and break it down. If you take the default 'new email sound' (ui-new_email.wav) an play it in an audio player like osso-mediaplayer or canola it produces a single 'ching'. That is to say, the audio file that is heard when you receive a new email is repeated once, producing a 'ching ching'. Are we clear?

The Following User Says Thank You to TheConstruct For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Netherlands
I kmow what you mean, TheConstruct. When I receive a mail, the sounds gets played twice. I thought I did something wrong, because after the latest reflash I tweaked a lot in gconf...

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I would like it to play only once so I can use a wav of R. Lee Ermey shouting MAIL CALL!! lol

Surely someone knows something.

Can anyone at least tell me if it possible?