Active Topics

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Does it do it when the keyboard is folded out? The top half has no give in when its open, if it clicks while the keyobard is out then its the front plastic casing is probably loose.

If it doesnt click any more its probably the slider mechanism expanding like the old N95 wear and tear issue.

For those of you that might not know what this is about, I just recorded a video showing the problem:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JQN4AOR

I've got this on the lower right part of the screen. In the video you can clearly see the screen sinking a little bit (look at the gap between screen and plastic), and that seems to make the click noise.

Originally Posted by sevla View Post
I guess you can blame the resistive screen for that.. Why are we still using resistive screens??? Oh that's right, that oh so important stylus....

Because capacitive screens SUCK!

Last edited by TheConstruct; 2010-02-09 at 04:14.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Please just ignore me if I this sounds stupid, but do you have "Settings | Display | Touch Screen Vibration" enabled?

To me, the touch screen vibration feels just like the screen is loose and squeaking.

Regards,
Roger
Yea the touch screen has a slight vibration bump that vibrates every time you touch the screen .... go into the settings you can easily disable it!

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Please just ignore me if I this sounds stupid, but do you have "Settings | Display | Touch Screen Vibration" enabled?

To me, the touch screen vibration feels just like the screen is loose and squeaking.

Regards,
Roger
You're right, that's why I disabled this haha... At first I thought my N900 was broken...

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by TheConstruct View Post
Because capacitive screens SUCK!
Capacitive screens are MORE sensitive but LESS accurate, DONT work with glove or a stylus and GLARE MORE making them very hard to use in direct sunlight ....

I was a little scared at first about the whole capacitive vs resistive thing but after using the N900 it really makes no difference and I am loving my resistive touch screen.

Quick update: I kept testing my screen, at one point it made a more substantial "click", and since then the problem seems gone...the screen is a tiny bit loose, i really wonder whether tightening the screws in the back would help.

Originally Posted by maemomatic View Post
Quick update: I kept testing my screen, at one point it made a more substantial "click", and since then the problem seems gone...the screen is a tiny bit loose, i really wonder whether tightening the screws in the back would help.
Jus wondering if it is still fixed? If yes, how did you get to that more substantial click? Have pressed harder or something?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
i had a clicking noise in the top-middle part of the screen and for me helped this one:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=78

Originally Posted by Thats it! View Post
Jus wondering if it is still fixed? If yes, how did you get to that more substantial click? Have pressed harder or something?
Hi,
so the substantial click happened randomly - just as i kept testing and tapping (softly) the screen. Since then, every now and then the screen still 'clicks' a bit, but for the most part it's fine.