Notices

Does the Opera Web Browser have any kind of Password Manager? I frequently visit sites which require login details (User ID / Paswords etc.) and I hope I do not have to enter the information with the on screen key board every time I visit these web sites.

Last edited by boomer45; 2005-11-05 at 05:46.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
Let you know on Monday! I'm hoping the standard Opera functionality is there as they have a nice system for passwords.

Strangely enough, I have never noticed it since most sites I log into leave a cookie, which has been working fine. I have also installed the mini browser (MiniMo?) and will check it on there as well.

Originally Posted by fermunky
Strangely enough, I have never noticed it since most sites I log into leave a cookie, which has been working fine. I have also installed the mini browser (MiniMo?) and will check it on there as well.
In true geek fashion, I have a question about installations like this.

Is Minimo smaller than Opera and if so, can you remove Opera and free some flash memory for other things. Or can I remove the RSS reader - not really into RSS feeds I prefer Usenet, and free even more.

Or is it an image installation like a Windows Mobile system?

Where can I download MiniMo?

Last edited by boomer45; 2005-11-07 at 19:05.

It should be somewhere here:
http://www.indt.org.br/10le/manaos/

Originally Posted by martymcr
Let you know on Monday! I'm hoping the standard Opera functionality is there as they have a nice system for passwords.
Were you able to find out if the N770 Opera browser has password management?

I'm also intersted in this password management with Opera....
Anyone has a solution?

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
it does not have a password manager. also, responding to above, the minimo browser is larger, slower and buggier than opera. which is not to say it isn't cool, and the guys working on it have been working hard to get it to be quicker, smaller, and less resource intensive, but it has a ways to go before it can be a suitable replacement on the 770. they release updates often however, and so far each one makes nice improvements. i'd also like to note some ajax heavy sites like google reader work in minimo, albeit slowly, whereas they don't work properly in opera's default browser. i myself am hoping to see some addditional features included for opera in the Q2 relesase of the new 770 firmware, but i have no idea if there are any plans for such a thing.

Originally Posted by fermunky
mini browser is not minimo at all ... it's based on gpe-browser (html/gtk webcore)

minimo can be installed from here .. http://tonikitoo.blogspot.com/2006/0...ng-on-770.html