I could watch trailers using user agent switcher, so I'm wondering if someone could help me setting up. Byway I'm newbie. Thanks

Not doable currently. Netlfix streaming movies work only under Internet Explorer on the x86 Windows platform, and are likely protected using DRM.

Originally Posted by tom61 View Post
Not doable currently. Netlfix streaming movies work only under Internet Explorer on the x86 Windows platform, and are likely protected using DRM.
I'm not sure if they updated it but you were able to view it through FF

Originally Posted by superstar View Post
I'm not sure if they updated it but you were able to view it through FF
This hack is using IE to render the page using the IE_TAB plugin for FF.

Netflix is working on a silverlight player for OS X. If moonlight somehow gets ported over to N810, we may be able to use it to watch netflix. I wouldn't count on it though.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The hardest part is shoving the CD into the slot.

Once you get past that, the rest is gravy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE
Netflix is working on a silverlight player for OS X. If moonlight somehow gets ported over to N810, we may be able to use it to watch netflix. I wouldn't count on it though.[/QUOTE]

Byway, i'm using silverlight player already on my pc and its better the the old player, if someone can make works with N810 will be perfect

The Following User Says Thank You to EL_EASY For This Useful Post:
why do you need a dvd player? netflix has over 12,000 titles you can stream to your pc or tv. i use a xbox 360 or my wireless netbook to watch it cost about $9 per month for unlimited movies and tv shows. it would definitly make my n810 more usable if i could use it also...

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I think you would have to use a special stream-dumper program on windows to capture the video stream then re-encode it for playback on the tablet.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
It's x86 only. Don't bother holding out hope, you wont see it anytime soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Yes, you can watch Netflix on your Nokia, using the PlayOn UPnP server from MediaMall on your PC to stream to your tablet. If you set the quality to Low (as opposed to the default Auto), the Nokia can play items on your Watch Instantly queue through Canola or Media Streamer or whatever. On my Nokia 800, the framerate is a little halting but it's not too bad.

(If you don't force the quality to Low, on the 800 at least, the framerate is quite jerky. Also, be sure NOT to get the Silverlight player from Netflix. Get the old one. PlayOn doesn't yet support Silverlight.)

Last edited by boblinds; 2009-01-05 at 17:27.