Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Huh, auto-builder output:

[2011-05-25 21:42:03] Building iw 0.9.19-1maemo4 for target 'maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel'
[2011-05-25 21:42:48] OK
[2011-05-25 21:43:19] Building iw 0.9.19-1maemo4 for target 'maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel'
[2011-05-25 21:43:41] FAILED

Not sure if that means it'll put the armel version into the repository and skip the i386 version, or if it'll skip both now...

I just use the maemo extras assistant to upload that way. It let me do so just now, as you can see by the quoted output... if that's more convenient for you than the way you have been doing it then great - if not, then I don't know if any of the other ways would work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
In the meantime, here's a link to download the .deb of iw that doesn't conflict with aircrack-ng. This is the exact same version as I just tried pushing into devel, but apparently that failed, so for now you have this. Remember, precompiled binaries dangerous etc etc. Use a condom, and such.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5kxpa7uobv69w5w

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hello to all interested is there a way in which aircrack-ng can capture the data from channel 6

Originally Posted by disappear View Post
Hello to all interested is there a way in which aircrack-ng can capture the data from channel 6
Put wlan card into monitor mode.
Then run "airodump-ng --channel 6 [name of monitor mode interface, usually wlan0 or mon0]" as root. If you want to actually record the captured stuff, use the -w flag to give the main name of the file, and --output-format to specify what format to save the captured packets in.

"airodump-ng --help" is your friend. Also the aircrack-ng wiki.

For everyone else: My next plan with this package is adding a bugtracker field to the debian/control file (or wherever it's supposed to go), and then seeing if I can push it to extras-testing. Once there's a version down in -testing, I won't have to feel guilty about breaking the -devel version (well, before I didn't have to either, but it was easier to keep it working than explain to everyone how to get older versions of packages from the repository), and that means I can start experimenting with automatically installing to /opt/maemo/... and putting symlinks in the default path (/usr/[s]bin).

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
@Mentalist Traceur....

can your aircrack 1.1 capture any access point with space in it???
old aircrack was unable to capture/injects any access point that have a space in it....

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
@Mentalist Traceur....

old aircrack was unable to capture/injects any access point that have a space in it....
i really doubt that. You can always put the mac id.

Hmmm... Unless that changed between aircrack 1.0 and 1.1 upstream, I wouldn't think so. However, are you sure that was an actual bug, and not just, say, lack of proper formatting when inputting the name of the network when injecting? (Maybe putting it inside quotes and/or using a \ to escape the space from the shell? I'm not sure.) Keep in mind I'm not exactly an aircrack-ng suite expert. I just learned how to compile it after hawaii put me up to it, and then decided it wasn't very nice that people had to search various threads for pre-compiled .debs/binaries, or learn to compile for N900 themselves, just to get a more recent aircrack-ng version with more of the bells and whistles enabled.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I bet this guy didn't try --help or know what a bssid is...
Just put the mac for the bssid.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I bet this guy didn't try --help or know what a bssid is...
Just put the mac for the bssid.
i use fAircrack v0.3 GUI along with aircrack-NG 1.1 on my phone...
that the reason why i ask about the space on the access point...
i know how to put the mac for bssid using x-term but i rather use fAircrack GUI cause is more simple to use...

airodump-ng has never had the ability to filter via user-provided ESSID without this patch.

aireplay-ng doesn't use an ESSID to identify a network for non-authenticated frame transmission, but the BSSID and other values.

This is a PEBKAC error.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post: