Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
And I'm not trying to sound bitter, but it does *feel* like the council was superfluous in this marriage. In general we were told we couldn't be told anything. I was asked not to speculate and honored that-- which is okay, because I would have been drowned out by everyone else today.

But it's obvious some had knowledge. Moderators were requesting many changes to the forum that were said to make sense but went unimplemented nonetheless. So Reggie had to know, at least.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yeah, in hindsight, the tattoos were a bad idea.
You're worried? I'm looking at a half knitted maemo.org scarf, and a complete knitting pattern. What the hell am I going to do with all this orange and grey wool now?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
What the hell am I going to do with all this orange and grey wool now?
Save it for Halloween?

At least it looks like I won't be eating an N900 now, though. *whew*

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
kathys N900 changing name from my mo to mee mo? hehe
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
www.remembermaemo.org is available.
Just saying.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
You're worried? I'm looking at a half knitted maemo.org scarf, and a complete knitting pattern. What the hell am I going to do with all this orange and grey wool now?
Jayne Cobb could use an orange scarf to go with his orange hat.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
My bad. I should had written "Any kind of council".
But my questions are still the same - what would happen if there would be no more council tomorrow and the Nokia just continues down the path that they apparently have chosen?

Being that Nokia is a big, well established company I would assume they have already planned out how this transition will happen and I don't personally see their interest in having a relationship with a 'Council'.

For some time I have actually thought of the Council as an entity that validates themselves rather than actually being needed.
Well, I must disagree with this statement, the council looks out for the community. I put in my two cents on decisions that were being made that effected the community where I felt my opinion should be heard.

The community council does good work.

Now however I must agree that Nokia could care less about the council, and this latest move is nothing new. Its not that I think that the council should have some say about the merger which is based on a companies business decisions.

However having to hear it from another community member as I sit by dumbfounded with no heads up from the community I am putting MY TIME in on is a large pile of CRAP.

I validated the community council benefit, when I was not on it, and decisions were made about my community that I did NOT like, or get to have a say on.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
www.remembermaemo.org is available.
Just saying.
Can't we just stick with Internettablettalk.com
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Well, I must disagree with this statement, the council looks out for the community. I put in my two cents on decisions that were being made that effected the community where I felt my opinion should be heard.

The community council does good work.

I guess I never saw (or educated myself maybe) about what all this good work was. To me it always seemed like stuff that some forum moderators could do and anything else could/should be done by Nokia staff.

The whole "Nokia cares about the community - and community development" is sort of a mote point at this time I think and I'd be surprised to see anyone willing to step up and spend their time on such an initiative again.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Can't we just stick with Internettablettalk.com
I'm in. When do we start our own forums there (and not linking to tmo)?

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council