Active Topics

Notices

Hello again,

I really would like using x11vnc to use my n900 sitting next to me on the desktop at my workplace without touching it .

The problem is: Every time the screen turns blank/off, I cannot wake it up without physically touching the phone. Do I really have to set the phone to keep the screen lit all the time or is there a command line switch for x11vnc or some other way to export the screen contents to vnc despite a blank phone display?

Thanks a lot for listening .

boudjere

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by boudjere View Post
I really would like using x11vnc to use my n900 sitting next to me on the desktop at my workplace without touching it .

The problem is: Every time the screen turns blank/off, I cannot wake it up without physically touching the phone. Do I really have to set the phone to keep the screen lit all the time or is there a command line switch for x11vnc or some other way to export the screen contents to vnc despite a blank phone display?
x11vnc just patches in to receive screen updates. I assume that the screen updates are completely disabled when the screen is locked (which saves power), so there's nothing for x11vnc to pick up. I think you're out of luck on this one .

Hej Rob1n, too bad to hear that..

Would be nice to find a workaround, though. Something to keep the phone display disabled and receive screen updates nonetheless. This would be a step between saving all the power and wasting much power on a screen I am not looking at .

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
x11vnc just patches in to receive screen updates. I assume that the screen updates are completely disabled when the screen is locked (which saves power), so there's nothing for x11vnc to pick up. I think you're out of luck on this one .
You would think that clicking with the mouse in the vnc window would send a screen pressed event to the phone and wake it up.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
You would think that clicking with the mouse in the vnc window would send a screen pressed event to the phone and wake it up.
no, it didn't work for me. I have the same problem. Anybody can please give some guides? or links? thanks.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:unlocked

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndiThebest For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndiThebest View Post
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:unlocked
what does it works actually? can you please briefly describe it?

Type this in a command line with ssh

get it, thanks.

whath is ssh command please?
i have x-terminal and copie the command it don't go!