Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I saw him on irc few days ago. Maybe he is disapointed that there is nothing to crack in Jolla as we are just using Unix permissions in device and offer _real_ root for developers.
Yep. He is waiting for Ubuntu ll Deluxe Edition Coming sometime next year and os is I.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Dont worry, there are no NSA backdoors in Sailfish OS.
I don't think anyone can say that really, silica/other built from ground up elements, sure, but is there a backdoor in Linux kernel is the million(billion? trillion? considering their budget) question. Still my trust is rather in non-US based company

Edit: forgot to mention, answer 'no' is an extremely welcome thing, with the lawyering/NDAs and what not, try to find same clear answer from any other company, "we do not currently spy on chancellor", "NSA has no direct access to our servers" etc

Last edited by szopin; 2013-12-13 at 19:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Wow, and another Jolla Phone showing up on ebay for € 800 buy it now price
Seems legit though...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Jolla-Sailfis...-/221336441845

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Anybody buying that one we call a donk, if u can buy halfpriced ones, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Ah, maybe I haven't mentioned, but I'm currently the sailor who is responsible for security and locking areas for Jolla device.

So says me.

But we can always use help from extra security engineer when the OS gains popularity... just hoping that we never need to bring Aegis back.
Hopefully I can help on that front *cough bother cybette cough*

The Following User Says Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This will probably go ignored, but just inquired to info and care @ Jolla about how to cancel my order and how to remove my account from their website. There's no way to do so it seems from what I can see.

Has anybody else attempted to do so? Any successes?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Hopefully I can help on that front *cough bother cybette cough*
Um, what? Apply for the job for you?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This will probably go ignored, but just inquired to info and care @ Jolla about how to cancel my order and how to remove my account from their website. There's no way to do so it seems from what I can see.

Has anybody else attempted to do so? Any successes?
You should be able to cancel your (paid) order. Our care guys are extremely busy but they will respond to you eventually. (Info will probably forward the email to Care as well.) All I can suggest is to wait for them to get back to you.

Last edited by cybette; 2013-12-14 at 17:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to cybette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You can not cancel the free order according to jolla care. You have to simply ignore to buy it. You can't be removed.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by cybette View Post
Um, what? Apply for the job for you?
Nawww!!! I'm terrible at securing things (although I have been known to break things from time to time)... there is a little something coming up where there'll be a whole lot of people who may fit the bill though