Can't confirm. Orientation lock locks *only* in landscape, no way to lock in portrait. Unless I'm missing something?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
hi guys..i have cssu testing, and today i pluged my phone to my pc and nokia suite tells me i have one software update to do..anyone knows what is all about?..should i upgrade?tks

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-05-14 at 19:41.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
@developers
don't know if this is a bug or something that need a bit of tweaking or if this is the right thread to post it so here it goes:
I have not used qradio since I upgrade to cssu testing (maybe one or two mth.) from PR1.3.1. QRadio is using the headsets as an antena and bluetooth for connection to FM, was working on PR but now is trying to connect/switch on the bluetooth with no success, also between those attempts to connect what was I think 30sec. to 1min my battery went down from 43% to 30% WTF in nearly 1min ??? here is the dmesg output:

[101613.308990] headphone (GPIO 177) is now connected
[101614.541076] input: headset button as /class/input/input4
[101625.948577] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[101626.745941] radio_bcm2048: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
[101637.106170] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[101637.724334] radio_bcm2048: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
[101647.147033] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[101648.020751] radio_bcm2048: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
[101657.142486] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[101658.052520] radio_bcm2048: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
[101667.144927] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[101668.107757] radio_bcm2048: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
[101675.981170] headphone (GPIO 177) is now disconnected
~ $

I am on CSSU testing latest version and KP 50.
I have also checked other 2 apps C FM Radio & Radio, they all behave the same.
Any help or Ideas on how to fix the above?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@g0r - I am using qRadio without any problems here, seems your bluetooth.ko is not compiled for the kernel version you're using. Try something like:

apt-get autoclean
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power-modules

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@g0r - I am using qRadio without any problems here, seems your bluetooth.ko is not compiled for the kernel version you're using. Try something like:

apt-get autoclean
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power-modules

Reinstalling kernel-power-modules fixed the above problem, it was my device and there is no bug.
Thank You freemangordon

There was a discussion held on IRC, about CSSU and it purposes - unfortunately, most people were not able to attend it, including me. Whole thing circulated about old dillema "Should CSSU only replace thing that can't work via extras, or scope of project should be wider?".

IMO, it's quite useless question, as path was set already. CSSU, for a long time, isn't only enhancing things that are non-extras-installable, but also provides FOSS replacement for already closed bits (see camera-ui), and, in longer timeline, may merge with kernel-power, creating Community Kernel & System Enhancement.

Of course, it's not going to include "every useful package in the world", but mainly replacement for system components AND FOSS replacements for closed bits. Generally, CSSU Team seems to use Common Sense (tm) very well in that matter, so i don't need reason, why someone should limit it.

At least, this is how I think it should be.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I agree with your vision. I wish I could have been able to attend the meeting but I was busy at work.

Anyway, it's up to the developers (and the precious time they spend on it) to decide the direction that CSSU has to take.

Thank to all of you for your hard work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Nothing more to add.

Execpt I would want a portrait keyboard, but that ain't gonna happen by CSSU and I accepted it that way. Accepting doesn't mean not wanting

Maybe CSSU can include a conversations theme that supports portraitmode and then add conversations to the whitelist automatically

The conversation theme I had in mind was this one: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=995119

It's generally the default one + portrait support added.

It's fully up to the devs to decide, what to do with this. IDC, as I don't use portrait mode that much. Always find that I need my beautiful HW keyboard, because I need to input something...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
can anyone enlighten me on this new nokia update please?

Well for the people who didnt know there is an option to download an hildon-desktop with the ability to lock orientation into portrait or landscape! I had that installed but then you lose the ability to choose seprate wallpapers for landscape and portrait which you can do with cssu hildon-desktop so i wanted both seprate wallpapers for landscape and portriat and also ability to lock orientation in portrait!

Tags
cssu testing