Active Topics

Poll: whats you next phone after the n900
Poll Options
whats you next phone after the n900

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
harmattan ui + android = total win .....

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Well I got the N8 after tha N900, then the SGS2 and now the N9.

And the N9 is by far the best allround device Ive bought. SGS2 has its virtues, as does the N900 and even the N8, but N9 wins hands down.

SGS2 has more apps, bit better screen, larger screen.

N900 has the HW keyboard and the openness of awesomeness.

N8 has a mad camera and good free navigation.

N9 has a good camera, free navigation, great screen, good app (more every day), openness, a good VKB... In addition the UI is better than the other three imo, its physical design beats all three... All in all it just does what I want from the other 3 devices, in one device. Plus extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
OMG who are the 9 that voted the Lumia????

I'm getting a N9 Btw

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
I haven't used N900 as a phone, more like a tablet or mobile computer. I already have N9 for voice calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
N900 is never old.. specs wise its YES but N900 aint a junkyard like android to give more n more power. it does all the stuffs like all other phones out there.. it makes me feel like i am holding a tab/lap.. And to add even more fun N900 has started to play 720p videos(hope it gets better) and record them like all other phones. it just loads all websites as that of a PC.. what do u need above this??i will be using my beloved N900 as long as it lives.. haven't thought of a phone beyond n900

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post

I'm getting a N9 Btw
You can easily see who voted by clicking on view poll results. Anyway here are the 9 users who voted for Nokia Lumia 800:
bzbnd, dee, gkanda100, oneFinn, Red_Fox, rohit.hellboy, sanchdaniel, slai, teethgrinder

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Well I got the N8 after tha N900, then the SGS2 and now the N9.

And the N9 is by far the best allround device Ive bought. SGS2 has its virtues, as does the N900 and even the N8, but N9 wins hands down.

SGS2 has more apps, bit better screen, larger screen.

N900 has the HW keyboard and the openness of awesomeness.

N8 has a mad camera and good free navigation.

N9 has a good camera, free navigation, great screen, good app (more every day), openness, a good VKB... In addition the UI is better than the other three imo, its physical design beats all three... All in all it just does what I want from the other 3 devices, in one device. Plus extras.
all what the n9 needs is abit more apps support and it could've been the best device ever made .....

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post

I'm getting a N9 Btw
whats more surprising is that 7 voted for the iphone, apple is our number 1 enemy ..... lol

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
I voted something else.

By the time I run out of N900's I'm hoping there will be a worthy successor.

At this point there is nothing that has the terrific combination of features and OS that the N900 has. I will know it when I see it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
whats more surprising is that 7 voted for the iphone, apple is our number 1 enemy ..... lol
Now, see, this is what I don't understand. Why is Apple worse than any of the other manufacturers? All these guys are putting wonderful hardware into beautiful little containers with completely ugly restrictions as to how you can use it. If you want to do anything useful with an iPhone, you jailbreak it. If you want to do anything useful with an Android phone, you root it. I don't even know what you do with a Windows phone, but I'm sure you'd have to do something against the manufacturer's wishes. What's the difference?

The only phones in existence that allow users to actually run their own software on them (without breaking the manufacturer's rules) are the N900, the N950, and the N9. Period. (I would be happy, even ecstatic, if someone could prove me wrong about this.)

So if you're not going to choose one of those three, I say the iPhone is as good a choice as any other. It has great hardware, and if you're going to hack the machine's OS anyway, why not give it a chance?

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: