Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 324 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
#51
I installed prey last week on a Jolla phone, recently cleared and reinstalled. The installation of Prey worked like a charm.

But today it appeared Prey did not see my Jolla for 4 days. I opened the terminal, and entered "prey". Unknown command. So I did the installation process again (and it worked like a charm again). But strange it is...
__________________
Palm Treo -> N900 -> N9 -> Jolla -> SailfishX
Developer mode novice, and enjoying it
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 580 | Thanked: 1,549 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#52
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I installed prey last week on a Jolla phone, recently cleared and reinstalled. The installation of Prey worked like a charm.

But today it appeared Prey did not see my Jolla for 4 days. I opened the terminal, and entered "prey". Unknown command. So I did the installation process again (and it worked like a charm again). But strange it is...
What SailfishOS Version you are on?
2.0.1.11 worked for me
2.0.2.4x and 2.0.3.1x - not working
 

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,171 | Thanked: 3,927 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#53
On 2.0.3.14 here it's working
__________________
You can still support my work by donation - click here

ETH: 0xFcD031609DB739C62730589361940C68ceEbC913
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 580 | Thanked: 1,549 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#54
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
On 2.0.3.14 here it's working
yes, if it was activated before update on 2.0.2.xx or 2.03.xx
On my Jolla 1 it also working on 2.0.3.14

but if you try to install it on fresh device with 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 it will fail.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 324 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
#55
Well, I'm still on Taalojarvi 2.01.11. It is working now.
__________________
Palm Treo -> N900 -> N9 -> Jolla -> SailfishX
Developer mode novice, and enjoying it
 

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,171 | Thanked: 3,927 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#56
I figured a workaround out. The issue is really not with Prey, but with Jolla lsb_release files are not correct

specifically, we need to change the file

Code:
/etc/hw-release
by adding this line to the top of the file

Code:
Mer release 02011 Jolla
This will allow to setup the account and activate it on Prey servers
__________________
You can still support my work by donation - click here

ETH: 0xFcD031609DB739C62730589361940C68ceEbC913
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,152 | Thanked: 11,639 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#57
btw, what the status of missing features? i am interested in implementing em.
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,171 | Thanked: 3,927 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#58
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
btw, what the status of missing features? i am interested in implementing em.
Same :/ basically we can get location of device, other than that, we get info on the hardware and so (not so usefull)
Should also return oinfo on connected networks (wlan).
__________________
You can still support my work by donation - click here

ETH: 0xFcD031609DB739C62730589361940C68ceEbC913
 

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 580 | Thanked: 1,549 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#59
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I figured a workaround out. The issue is really not with Prey, but with Jolla lsb_release files are not correct

specifically, we need to change the file

Code:
/etc/hw-release
by adding this line to the top of the file

Code:
Mer release 02011 Jolla
This will allow to setup the account and activate it on Prey servers


Thank you very much, Niel!
The solution was only one line away....
 

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,171 | Thanked: 3,927 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#60
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Thank you very much, Niel!
The solution was only one line away....
Yep, but this is something that I need to report to Jolla as a bug I believe

Added a screenshot of a report that is send when device is set as missing
Attached Images
 
__________________
You can still support my work by donation - click here

ETH: 0xFcD031609DB739C62730589361940C68ceEbC913

Last edited by nieldk; 2016-09-29 at 09:25. Reason: added report image
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49.