Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by MrBhoot View Post
I would love to help it. Just guide me how do I access the .deb file.
store.ovi.com/content/255196/download

do it on your PC, 255196 should be opera, you see see

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
store.ovi.com/content/255196/download

do it on your PC, 255196 should be opera, you see see
Here is the link to the .deb file.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrBhoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
thanks got it

The new version has a setting which enables N9 native keyboard. However, the keyboard is always in landscape mode and it is impossible to close the keyboard. In other words, the native keyboard is not usable.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by vige View Post
The new version has a setting which enables N9 native keyboard. However, the keyboard is always in landscape mode and it is impossible to close the keyboard. In other words, the native keyboard is not usable.
Swipe downwards on the keyboard, it will close. Its default functionality throughout the OS.

After updating to PR 1.3 I received notification that there was an update for Opera but I am unable to install it. Every time I hit update I get an error message saying "can't install application incompatible with other installed applications" and when I try to remove (version 11.5) it I get an error message saying "can't delete can't uninstall Opera Mobile Labs". I have tried installing and removing in developer mode as well but that gives the same errors.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Check this out. In case it does not solve your problem, you may want to try directly installing from the .deb file that somebody posted in the thread (page 2, 3 or 4, if I remember well ; [Edit] and just at the top of this page).

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-07-12 at 07:41.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Originally Posted by MrBhoot View Post
Ok. I have installed it.
It, indeed, is an improved version.
The speed dials page has a "Manage" option now. Basically it lets you delete a speed dial, or rearrange the dials through drag and drop.
I also felt that the overall experience has become smoother. The browser is as fast as ever.
Text selection gives one more contextual option of "Search with..", providing various search engines to search through. I am not sure, though, if this is a new feature or an old one that I have never noticed.
Other changes:
* tabs now clos with a single click (but I actually like old behavior)
* speed dial - not only you can rearrange but it also seem endless now (you can add more links and just scroll it).
* HTML5 video is working now (meaning Youtube works) :-)

Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
Swipe downwards on the keyboard, it will close. Its default functionality throughout the OS.
It's more problematic with Swype which for some reason doesn't support hide swype (swype to backspace). To hide Swype you need to either switch to some other keyboard or swipe out of Opera and go back.

Still, better then in Firefox (arrows and other work with Swype) and you can disable native keyboard in advanced settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to eccenux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Check this out. In case it does not solve your problem, you may want to try directly installing from the .deb file that somebody posted in the thread (page 2, 3 or 4, if I remember well ; [Edit] and just at the top of this page).
Thanks, I tried both but neither of them worked, I am still unable to uninstall or install Opera.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Any update for our nokia n900 with Opera 12?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D@vIcHoJD For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera