Poll: Would you consider being part of class action lawsuit against Nokia?
Poll Options
Would you consider being part of class action lawsuit against Nokia?

I think I can speak safely for every N9/N900 etc users out there saying that we're tired of Nokia's attitude on their devices which reflects how much they care about their customers. The fact that Nokia finds it too much work to implement a small feature such as Skype Video implementation as well other many other needed enhancements/bug fixes shows that it's not Nokia that's dumb, it's us for buying their devices. When I bought my N95 8GB for $750, then my N900 for $530 then my N9 for $650, I thought before each purchase wow maybe Nokia might get it right this time. Instead they continuously take one step forward and two steps back with their implementation of their products/features. In spite of the many specs/features they claim on their devices, quantity is nothing when they have poor quality. I wouldn't hesitate to join a class action lawsuit against Nokia. I would be a happy helpful contributor of such a long overdue act and would pursue it to the best of my ability. I think most Nokia customers would agree especially when they have been loyal to such an inconsiderate, egotistical company that thinks there name is still what it used to be. Times have changed now, barely anyone knows or even considers a Nokia when purchasing a phone. I really don't know how to conclude this rant but I wish you good luck Nokia and hope you dictate a better future for yourself. If that doesn't work I'm sure you can always end up appointing a monkey in charge of your operations. Oops, too late

In spite of my negativity, I thank the developers and all the people hard work on Nokia devices. I know it's not your fault for Nokia's management/business decisions. I appreciate all your continued efforts and wish you all the best.

Also, I'd like to start a poll to see how many people would consider pursuing or being a member of a class action lawsuit against Nokia for their lack of proper support of their devices and their unjust pricing (should be a lot cheaper if their support is lackluster).

It's a hypothetical question (doesn't necessarily mean we're going after Nokia or not, just curious on what Nokia users feel toward Nokia)

Last edited by isfr21; 2012-07-06 at 05:38.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
and what would be the basis of said lawsuit? buyer's remorse?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

For their lackluster support. Think about it, they sold the n9 with a front facing camera and didn't bother to implement the software to use it. this is just an example of what they have coming to them.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
no one put a gun to your head to buy it plus there are many unlocked phones in that price range ....you would need some proof that Nokia intended to defraud the consumer ..then get a consumer advocacy group to back it, this type of lawsuit costs mucho deniro ...not to mention starting one in each of the individule countries, there is no world court for this type of thing and I dont think that class action type of lawsuits even exist outside the US.

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
no one put a gun to your head to buy it plus there are many unlocked phones in that price range ....you would need some proof that Nokia intended to defraud the consumer ..then get a consumer advocacy group to back it, this type of lawsuit costs mucho deniro ...not to mention starting one in each of the individule countries, there is no world court for this type of thing and I dont think that class action type of lawsuits even exist outside the US.
Yeah I know, it's more of a hypothetical type of question. Also, I think it wouldn't be too hard to get proof on how Nokia screws their customers with their crappy support of their devices. They have a noticeable pattern of that.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
seriously, I think it's people like you.. (that don't know poo or expect too much) that has made the N9 what it is, a crippled N900!

Thanks, you took the N950 way for the rest of us!
So who wants to sue isfr21 and friends?

Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
seriously, I think it's people like you.. (that don't know poo or expect too much) that has made the N9 what it is, a crippled N900!

Thanks, you took the N950 way for the rest of us!
So who wants to sue isfr21 and friends?
What are you even talking about, this is just a hypothetical question. Just say no and get on with your life, i'm not taking crap away from anyone I'm just expressing my opinion.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Wut.

I am detecting a lot of butthurt in this thread.

The N95 had polished software for it's time (RAM was lacking, but that's another issue, one of Nokia making it's high end smartphones for the longest time have the shittiest hardware)
Note though, that the N95's camera still skullf0cks most 5MPx phone cameras today.

The N900 was a Nokia Internet Tablet deriviative. You should've known what to expect. You know, half-baked software. Oh, and it wasn't marketed like mad. Instead, the N97 (with truly terrible software, and you should be mad about this waste of resources instead) was being pushed as the flagship.
If you couldn't bear to use a rough, powerful OS like Maemo, you probably should've just bought a Milestone or a 3GS.

And finally, the N9 is not a N900 replacement. It's a N8 replacement. If you browsed tmo for some time you'd know why it wasn't set to replace the N900.

Let me clarify, I'm talking about the frustration when a good chunk of bugs submitted for the N900 are replied with a "WONT FIX" and unfortunately it looks as if the N9 might be down the same road after a short while. For instance, there's a front facing camera on the N9, what the heck is it there for if there's no STOCK software (shouldn't have to rely on 3-rd party, that would be a slap to the face if we had to) available to make use of it.

When I bought the N900, I thought Nokia would take a different approach than it did with Symbian. Since the N900 ran a beautiful OS with a spectacular UI, I assumed there would be less problems with the OS compared to what many have experienced with Symbian around the N95/N97 era and I was looking forward to purchasing a Nokia, which is known for its open, almost-fully customizable OSes. What Nokia didn't make clear was that the N900 was for "market research" purposes and was not mainstream. I didn't find that out till after I purchased the N900 and went thoroughly through the forums. A customer should not have to be informed indirectly like that and rather it should have been CLEARLY written on the device's specs/features instead of having to come to the conclusion myself after I had made the purchase and when it was too late to return. I am not upset with the N900, it is a fantastic device, I am upset with its negligent support by its manufacturer, Nokia. Now I have the N9, but I am concerned with its support. Will we have to go through the same thing, or maybe it might be even worse support with the current focus of Nokia being on WP?

Last edited by isfr21; 2012-01-02 at 06:26.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
support? really?
If you'd rather support over open source then you picked the wrong phones

Unfortunately, it seems 'you' can't have both