Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
They are sqlite databases, the cli tool is, I believe, in rzr's repo
This is such good news. The problem is an annoyance, but I want it gone.

Has your approach permanently solved the problem, so far as you can tell?

I can't see the db editor in the RZR repo that I got via N9 Quick Tweaks. Can you provide a link or program name? And you just deleted everything in the columns you described earlier?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Well, first of all, can someone tell what server is causing this issue? Yahoo?
My problem only happens with the Yahoo account, but I'm not sure if this is true for everyone.

So, can someone describe the problem step by step? In addition it would be nice to get a messageserver logs and QMF DB, but I think I'm asking too much :-D
The problem, step-by-step, is that when I first add my Yahoo account to the accounts ui and then open the email app, the blue unread messages counter works as expected. But once you reboot or refresh, the Yahoo unread messages counter no longer works--it just stays blank--even if you have received new Yahoo messages. The Gmail account I have works fine and never breaks in this fashion, even after rebooting or refreshing, so it's just been a Yahoo problem for me.

If ANYONE can point me to a good database editor that can work with the involved .db files, I would much appreciate it.

Sergey, I believe that we are targetting this file:

/home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db

But I don't have a tool for it yet. Do you want me to put it in a .zip file and PM it to you? And I need instructions on exactly how to produce, copy, and send the log file you mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
This is such good news. The problem is an annoyance, but I want it gone.
The problem I had, was that all my mail was deleted, yet it was still showing unread numbers

Has your approach permanently solved the problem, so far as you can tell?
I doubt it's a permanent fix, it seems the database just got out of sync with either the filesystem or the server, possibly due to a crash or some other reason

I can't see the db editor in the RZR repo that I got via N9 Quick Tweaks. Can you provide a link or program name?
It should be sqlite3, sorry, harmattan sdk repo
Code:
deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ free non-free
And you just deleted everything in the columns you described earlier?
I marked all my mail as read and deleted, then deleted everything from 'mailmessages' and 'mailmessageidentifiers' tables, not columns

For the unread not showing, you could try in sqlite, pragma integrity_check, or dump it out to a new database

Last edited by jflatt; 2012-08-08 at 17:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
My work have recently updated all their IT systems to the lastest windows stuff.

so now we cannot connect personal mobiles without them being authorised.

now i know there are some very talented people on this forum, is there anyway round it?

id love to be able to.sync my fone with my work emails again

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...51#post1250651

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
How did you edit the database, I mean what tool you use?
Just use terminal in non-elevated mode:

Code:
rm /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
But I don't have a tool for it yet. Do you want me to put it in a .zip file and PM it to you? And I need instructions on exactly how to produce, copy, and send the log file you mentioned.
How to get logs.
In the same way you can copy your DB:
1) In terminal run this command:
Code:
cp /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db /home/user/MyDocs
2) After that, connect your device in a mass storage mode and copy/cut QMF DB from MyDocs folder to PC.

When everything is collected just .zip it and send it to me.

Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
now i know there are some very talented people on this forum, is there anyway round it?
Try to re-create your MfE account with disabled last option during the account creation (in english it is called non-provisionable device).
NOTE: Most probably after that you will be forced to set a device password, etc.

Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Just use terminal in non-elevated mode:

Code:
rm /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db
This will remove the DB, it is not editing

P.S. small update about MeMailSettings.

Update is finally released!

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-08-20 at 16:07.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

This will remove the DB, it is not editing
Apologies, mis-read his post! Thank you for the latest binary of mms, git version failed to compile on my pc (nvm now though!) ;/

When everything is collected just .zip it and send it to me.
Thanks so much, Sergey.

EDIT: There is a workaround from the sister thread that's also devoted to this problem. It has worked for a couple of us already--so far, so good. It uses sqlite3 to program a trigger that makes the unread feature on Yahoo mail accounts work correctly again. Thanks to member Shinto for coming up with the approach. It can be found here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=28

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-08-17 at 17:11.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Thanks so much, Sergey. Here are the files that you requested :
Thanks for the logs and DB (I thought that you will send them as a PM to me, because now all can get an access to some your private data...), luckily I'll have some time a bit later to take a look at them. Meanwhile, can you switch between thread/single message modes? Is it reproducible only in thread mode? if yes then looks like it is a backend issue (my mistake ).

P.S. is it happening after you are getting some new mails when pressing on a "get more messages" button?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Can you switch between thread/single message modes? Is it reproducible only in thread mode? if yes then looks like it is a backend issue (my mistake ).

P.S. is it happening after you are getting some new mails when pressing on a "get more messages" button?
Now that I've adjusted the database with sqlite3 and added the new trigger, the problem has gone away, so I couldn't say if any of these adjustments you mention would have made a difference. But if this problem reappears, then I'll test how single-message option impacts it or how manual mail refresh impacts it. I can tell you that once the unread email number disappeared on me, manually activating a send-receive cycle did not correct the problem and the unread email number was still gone.

EDIT: While still mostly effective, the sqlite approach is letting some messages slip through without noting them as unread.

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-08-18 at 16:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950