I have been using KDE for a while now and decided to use Penguinbait's DEB to get KDE to start straight away. Unfortuantely it is stuck in a loop now and just keeps restarting, I do recall somebody else having this problem previously but am unable to find the threads.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by bendonahue View Post
I have been using KDE for a while now and decided to use Penguinbait's DEB to get KDE to start straight away. Unfortuantely it is stuck in a loop now and just keeps restarting, I do recall somebody else having this problem previously but am unable to find the threads.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Try booting directly to KDE multiple times, I am not sure what has changed but I need to update the deb. I noticed on mine, it boots about 1 out of 4 times???

Once booted up, remove the deb, if you can't get it to boot, I can maybe walk you through removing it from your flash partition. It should boot though, try several times.

Sorry for the issue...
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Ok, so tried it 9 times and no joy im afraid. Shall I just re-flash and start again! or is there a way I can remove it via the flash as you suggested??

Cheers

Ok, so tried it 9 times and no joy im afraid. Shall I just re-flash and start again! or is there a way I can remove it via the flash as you suggested??

Cheers
Boot to flash
--------------------------------------------
open xterm

become root

mount your boot from SD partition (say /disk - you would have to make the dir)

mkdir /disk

mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /disk
or (depending on which card slot)
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /disk

dpkg --root=/disk --admindir=/disk/var/lib/dpkg -r kde-boot

This will remove it from the SD partition cleanly

Now:

umount /disk

Reboot its done

LINUX RULES!!!!!!!!!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Hello,

Thanks for the info. One thing I did notice though and not sure if it helps but when I boot from the SD card it says booting from mmcblk0p2, which I beleive is the internal card?

However when I followed your instructions above to get it removed I had to use the command mont /dev/mmcblk1p2 /disk to get it mounted?

Seemed strange but I dont really know enough to comment

Cheers for the advice though, worked a treat

Hello,

Thanks for the info. One thing I did notice though and not sure if it helps but when I boot from the SD card it says booting from mmcblk0p2, which I beleive is the internal card?

However when I followed your instructions above to get it removed I had to use the command mont /dev/mmcblk1p2 /disk to get it mounted?

Seemed strange but I dont really know enough to comment

Cheers for the advice though, worked a treat
Its definitely is one to keep in your back pocket, if you install any app that messes you up, can can remove it from flash. I will update the deb shortly to fix this issue.

Take a look at this, if your up for setting it up manually
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...00&postcount=8

Tags
booting, deprecated, kde, kde35