Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Installed for the first time just by following instructions from Wiki without any problems at all. Great work!

I have installed Spanish voices and everything seems to work OK, except for the word "After" (in Spanish "Despues de") that is not ever said so I only receive messages such as "One KM, turn right". However, the file with that sound is present in the device with file name "g5pre_003" that I can test without any problem.

Guys, I noticed that there are updates for maps, just check Nokia Suite, where you will see option "Updates available".

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
According to the Wiki, there should be 3D buildings, but I can't see any. Is there any option to be activated? I've tried with "3D views" and "3D marks" (direct translation of the Spanish strings for these options).

Edit: I can see 3D buildings, the only problem is that the number of them in Spain is ridiculous compared with Google Maps.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
people i need help!
i was idiot enough to delete the hole "hmtl" file from nokia maps
now the whole app doesnt work. T_T
can someone help to find it again or wanna share it ?

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Hello everyone. First of all thank you for your efforts for keep improving the N900.
I am trying to install the voice guidance on my N900. I installed the omVoiceServer and it start as long as the path in the "Voice File Location" points to an empty folder. I downloaded the voice file for english_us and save under:
/home/user/MyDocs/cities/english_us
If I write the path above in the "voice file location" field under the tab option of the omVoiceServer and hit "Reload Voice file Location" the server crashes. Did I do something wrong? What should I check?

Thank you.

P.S. I checked inside my english_us folder. I found the config.xml file but there isn't a folder named english_male. Maybe my voice file is not the right one. Where can i find the voice files? I tried some of the link posted in the tread but they do not work.

Last edited by tuareg; 2012-01-04 at 19:36.

Shinigamijim,
here you're original html folder.

tuareg,
If you copied folder english_us directly in cities (didn't make subfolder Voices) then the right path which you should enter is just /home/user/MyDocs/cities (without additional /english_us).

EDIT: I think this english_us should work.

Last edited by kolos; 2012-01-04 at 19:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Thank you very Much Kolos. I downloaded the new voice files that you made available and now the server is running and from the log file seems to find the sound correctly. Later on I will try it.
Thank you for your help.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
You are the men thank you !

Now a little problem with the maps nothing to worry about is just the way it was before any update (ovimaps in the n900 problem).

When i try to use this new ovi maps in the USA ( just for the hell of it ) i can get 3d building amazing night mode and all the feautres; the problem is that I'm not from the USA, I'm from Peru and here i can just get Satellite mode to work ....this happend long before actually since i bought my n900.

My brother has a N8 with an amazing map from Peru.

I got this at the same place:

Something i can do

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

If you already downloaded latest map using Nokia Suite, then there is nothing you can do, but just to wait for the next update(s).

Nice update but still no onscreen display of how soon a turn or exit is coming up. Nice to see the arrows but if you're on a highway and it shows up 10 seconds or so before the exit and you're speeding along in the left lane, that's a problem. :-/
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww