Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
first of all i'm not the author, the author is Denis Kormalev and his email is (kormalev dot denis at gmail dot com) if you have any questions.

That app is used to show events on the event feed, it has no need to for any other apps and you do not need to start any daemons. It has nice options right in native device settings menu.
The app can be found at:

apps.formeego.org in testing section:
http://apps.formeego.com/staging/app.../calendarfeed/

n9apps:
http://n9-apps.com/calendar-feed

Ovi:
http://store.ovi.com/content/221735

the code is available at gitorious:
https://gitorious.org/calendar-feed

here are screenshots:

Last edited by ZogG; 2011-12-16 at 12:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Another one? How is this different from the 2-3 other ones already out there?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Rybinsk, Russia
Thanks, ZogG. I'm a bit lazy to do this announce myself
For those who are interested in information about application updates - at first it appears in my twitter (@BlackTass).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dkormalev For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Another one? How is this different from the 2-3 other ones already out there?
Development was started in approx same time as others.

It is different in mechanism used. This app doesn't use daemons or other opened apps. It is a plugin to SyncFW.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dkormalev For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dkormalev View Post
It is different in mechanism used. This app doesn't use daemons or other opened apps. It is a plugin to SyncFW.
Does that mean it's better? I would like to install one of these apps but there is a lot of choice and it would be good to have some guidance or opinions from people about the advantages and disadvantages of each.

Does that mean it's better? I would like to install one of these apps but there is a lot of choice and it would be good to have some guidance or opinions from people about the advantages and disadvantages of each.
For me mine is better of course
It is better in case of less processes on device -> a bit more battery life.

Also difference is that my app shows events in one top item in feed, when Organiser Feed shows them in different. Not sure what is better (I like my variant, it looks more useful for me) but if you use other sources for Feed screen than definitely mine is better because it lefts more space for other items.

The Following User Says Thank You to dkormalev For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
For me this is the best because it shows the events compactly.

I see; this does indeed look better, as I had tried one of the other ones on my wife's N9 and it took up a lot of space. Thanks for this!

I seem to have found some bug: I installed it and everything seemed fine. Four events were shown in the feed, for 21 Dec. Then I installed Meebirthdays and added events for birthdays. Now it is showing 4 events, all birthdays, between 07 and 13 Feb 2012! [Edit: Actually it's 2011, so the Calendar Feed is showing past events as the next upcoming events.] And of course nothing has changed in the calendar except these new events have been added.

I tried changing the settings, both 'Fill with Future Events' off and on (which I am not really sure what it does anyways). No difference - it is showing these events way far in the future instead of the next 4 events.

Last edited by noetus; 2011-12-16 at 21:13.

I seem to have found some bug: I installed it and everything seemed fine. Four events were shown in the feed, for 21 Dec. Then I installed Meebirthdays and added events for birthdays. Now it is showing 4 events, all birthdays, between 07 and 13 Feb 2012! And of course nothing has changed in the calendar except these new events have been added.

I tried changing the settings, both 'Fill with Future Events' off and on (which I am not really sure what it does anyways). No difference - it is showing these events way far in the future instead of the next 4 events.
It is known bug, but I should say that it is mostly the problem of MeeBirthdays than mine. Author of MeeBirthdays should be notified (another user found this bug an said he will email author) about it. Reason of this bug is that MeeBirthdays events are created with finishing date in Jan, 1970 (simple overflow). For some reason harmattan calendar backend provide them as current. Workaround for it of course will be added in next version of Calendar Feed. Thanks for report.

Btw, as working solution for now I can only suggest thing that other user with that bug did - recreate it by yourself. But don't simply edit them. For some not yet known reason (I've not yet looked at data that user sent to me) edited event appears as current day event in calendar every day (as I understood that user it appears in Calendar also, not only in calendar feed).

Sorry for this bug, but it is really non trivial thing and I will never even suggest that event with endDate<startDate can even exist.

The Following User Says Thank You to dkormalev For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar, events, feeds, harmattan