Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
You need to talk to Jolla care, maybe this mixup with email you mention has resulted in you missing their comms.
I checked the old email account and the only Jolla mail I received was the one I found yesterday. I haven't received any other mail from them (other than software updates).

I will talk with Jolla Care then to try and clear this up, thanks

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."
This is where the common misconception comes from.

Did you purchase the tablet from the Jolla's website? In that case indeed, you are entitled to a refund. I suppose there may have been a handful of devices sold that way.

If you "ordered" one from Indygogo, then you did not purchase anything. You backed a fundraising campaign with no guarantee of a product delivery or refund in case of a failed delivery, at least as far as the law is concerned. That applies to any fundraising campaign, Jolla's is no exception.

Which brings me neatly back to my previous post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
how about take a stand on the stage, live sent to the world that “I guarantee you will get it”. What does the law say about that?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-16 at 10:25.

Im waiting too; also, unfortunately, I decided to use some of the refund for the Sailfish X purchase (which I have not completed yet), only to find out I cant combine the Sailfish X voucher from my tablet refund with my community developer discount. :| That's a real bummer. So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.
Try to write mail to James community@jolla.com and ask him.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
The thing I don't get here is that people don't seem to understand the inherent risk of crowdfunding. You're giving them that money and, while they have some obligation to do what they've said with the money, it doesn't constitute a purchase or a binding contract to deliver you a functional device. Crowdfunded projects get scrapped and people get burned all the time, it's part of the associated risk. That said, Jolla is at least attempting to make good on it. That exceeds their obligation.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts!
Fear not! It’s never too late for the first refund post.

Congrats, mate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃
A beer?

https://blog.jolla.com/second_phase_refund/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: