Active Topics

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Try asking him for updated pics, those are from Feb.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Specs says...

And then:
Operating System Version Name
Sailfish OS 2.0

Guess googlers got tired of promoting obesity through sweets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
nice price, 75€ Jolla takes more than the double :P
Come on, not this misinterpretation again...

Intex Aqua Fish is a heavily subsidized device (by Snapdeal and others) and includes advertisements right in the system in the form of Super Apps (formerly known as Partner Space).

Jolla C is slightly modified (screen protector, different back cover and packaging) and has different OS without any advertisement. So not just no subsidy, but also making these differentiations on such a small scale (~1500 devices) is naturally more expensive than doing in on Intex's scale. Jolla C's price is 136€ (which is not "more than double", by the way) including worldwide shipping and Jolla has previously claimed that they make no profit on it. Plus its price includes different developer programs and future learning courses.

That being said, the eBay way of selling it, especially over the weekend, is more than fishy and until proven otherwise, I'll assume it is not a good news for SailfishOS in India.

EDIT: What's actually great about Jolla C being released is that there is now a drop in solution for importing Intex Aqua Fish devices to Europe and the rest of the world. We should be able to make a dd copy of Jolla C's internal system and flash it on Aqua Fish, getting rid of ads and all Intex modifications. So you're welcome everybody, we paid "less than double" the price so you can enjoy a cheaper alternative

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-07-16 at 10:40.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Dont worry, i am kidding. I know that there is more payments for the Limited Edition.

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lal View Post
I just contacted the supplier over phone asking about the product. Ehh, he says it is available online but just that Intex hasn't made it available in stores. And he claims to be a direct dealer to Intex products, hailing from Bangalore. Not quite believable information there. Wondering if I should try ordering one
Well, it says "Cash On Delivery" is an available payment option, I don't think they would make that possible if it were a scam.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Well, it says "Cash On Delivery" is an available payment option, I don't think they would make that possible if it were a scam.
And now it is officially denounced as scam (Fake/Stolen devices) by Jolla:

Hi all!

Please be advised that the eBay listings for Intex Aqua Fish (Or as a matter of fact any other listing on the internet) is either fake or stolen device(s).

The product on sale is not officially launched by Intex yet and has the demo software from MWC installed on it. Thus to our understanding this particular device (Shown in the pictures of that eBay listing) is stolen and is sold illegally.

Please do not attempt to buy the device prior to the official launch.

As a bonus, you might want to report any eBay listing you see that sells the Aqua Fish to eBay.

Cheers

James
Interesting times we live in Sounds suspiciously similar to the Jolla Tablet Taobao situation (and now I am even tempted to buy it; I missed the train with Taobao). Also the second offering features 7% discount code and is from a Top-rated seller with 98% Positive feedback.

EDIT: Update as an answer to my question at TJC:
Originally Posted by James
Please be advised that his person might not even have the devices available and there is no way to confirm. He might have only 1 device which he has taken pictures of. This will not be the only possibility for buying this device I can assure you that much. Intex and Jolla are working hard together to bring the devices to the market ASAP.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-07-16 at 15:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
And now it is officially denounced as scam (Fake/Stolen devices) by Jolla:

Interesting times we live in Sounds suspiciously similar to the Jolla Tablet Taobao situation (and now I am even tempted to buy it; I missed the train with Taobao). Also the second offering features 7% discount code and is from a Top-rated seller with 98% Positive feedback.
Pricing and reductions and "MCW" sw give a hint that the devices (how many ?) are demo/ pre series devices left "floating " somewhere and some one has found a way to make some "bucks" by selling those to ebay seller, knowing that there is a demand.

anyway, my JollaC is now in Liege waiting for next flight .
ps. writing this with Jtab from T..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
*snip*
Also the second offering features 7% discount code and is from a Top-rated seller with 98% Positive feedback.
Is it only me or are the promotional pictures used in that ebay article unpublished as of now.
I can not remember seeing an AquaFish sticked into beach sand.
Where did they get them?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Even i haven't noticed those pictures anywhere till now. They seem to have got hold of some kind of intex promotion deck as well. It looks like an official advertisement brochure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @Finland
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
They started selling the Aqua Fish?
https://m.ebay.in/itm/282098603976?_mwBanner=1
Price 5499,00Rs. 47 units sold so far
In the e-bay site it is stated that "Delivery: 26 Jul - 31 Jul"

A move by Intex might happen before this. Finally the launch? Cancellation of the official launch and sale via Snapdeal? Something else?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slate For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, sailfishos, scamalot!, scamfish