Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#1
Hi,

I have searched the internet and forums for a similar issue and found none.

After install PR1.2 if I try to install an application from the store I get an error pop-up:

"Unable to start operation
Refreshing cache. Please wait."

I have waited and restarted the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
 
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Thailand
#2
Hi Mike,

I have an identical problem.

I finally took the update to 1.2 and everything seemed fine.
Installation was flawless and everything seems to be working well after completion - except that now I have 4 pieces of software waiting for updates - namely:
VoiceInput Virtual Keyboard
SpeedDisplay
qadcleaner
Folder Gallery

all sitting there with "Download Failed" messages messages below.
Along with this "Can't complete the download. Connection to the application provider was lost. Try again later."

I've been trying for over 24 hours now

The refresh logo, constantly spins and if I click on Try Again, all I get is the following message:
"Unable to start operation
Refreshing Cache. Please wait"

Has anybody got a solution?

Great forum btw guys, keep up the great work.
 
TMavica's Avatar
Posts: 2,007 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
#3
This is my experience that i have:

after I do a full reflash with both firmware and EMMC. The first thing I go to install is meecatalog. Then I enable all extras repository in the settings. Afterwards, I want I cant download or install some Apps in store, like: Gpodder, Mieru, Apps for Meego...it said installation interrupted.

Therefore, I try to find out what is the cause, it is because I have enabled the "Harmattan developer repository" in settings in Meecatalog, I disabled it and I can install or download things in the Nokia Store.

Hope this can help you.
__________________
The Glorious Lady T.Mavica
Twitter https://twitter.com/TMavica
 
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
#4
I'm having similar problem. 'Unable to start operation. Refreshing cache. Please wait.' and I get this when I try to install apps from Ovi or Apps For MeeGo. Please can someone give the solution.

ps. I am also running PR1.2
 
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2012
#5
Had the same error but rebooting my device got rid of it.
 
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
#6
Originally Posted by Tarzan- View Post
Had the same error but rebooting my device got rid of it.
Untill the next time you need something installed
 
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#7
 

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
#8
Darn it happens to me too, only started happening after my upgrade to PR1.2 yesterday...
 
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#9
I did an "apt-get upate" and noticed one repo in my list was failing to load. And for some reason would not timeout. So I removed the errant repo and "apt-get upate" would finish. Installing apps still did not work even after a reboot gave up for the night. But this morning everyting seems to be working fine. (Shrug)
 
biatch0's Avatar
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
#10
Just like to add that I'm also facing this problem.

Unfortunately, there was no information about this bug earlier before I reset my N9 - so I've got a clean out of the box N9 right now which performs about 30% of what I typically use it for. Hopefully this issue is something that is easily fixable - I would definitely NOT like to wait until PR 1.3 to get back the remaining 70% of the device.

Like to add that this "issue" also affects developer mode - which essentially means I'm unable to debug/edit anything that "may" fix the issue. Maybe this is Step 1 of Elop's Master Plan to turn all our N9s into Lumia 800's.

Last edited by biatch0; 2012-03-01 at 19:20.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:26.