Step3 opens with

You must restart the virtual machine first!
Press any key to continue

Pressing a key closes it, I reopen XP virtual pc console, file menu reset it. restarted pc. Nothing moves that message.

Originally Posted by maemo View Post
Step3 opens with

You must restart the virtual machine first!
Press any key to continue

Pressing a key closes it, I reopen XP virtual pc console, file menu reset it. restarted pc. Nothing moves that message.
File menu reset? Hmm, that is not really the best method as the VM may not have saved the changes it needed to. You might need to restart the entire process. I'm not sure what state the VM is in; if you reset it before it could save the data it needed too.

The top right corner should have the word "Maemo" with a picture of a power switch -- hit that then click restart. Maybe I should add a restart command to the script.

Nathan.

Maemo power switch also didn't move the message.

I did file menu resent much later. Changes were saved well, I went back to see step2:setup Eula..could see the url I saved from Step1

Originally Posted by maemo View Post
Maemo power switch also didn't move the message.

I did file menu resent much later. Changes were saved well, I went back to see step2:setup Eula..could see the url I saved from Step1
No, I meant all the way back at the Initial Install -- the issue is you don't appear to be part of the "sbox" (scratchbox) group. This should have been saved as part of the initial install. Meaning something broke in your initial install.

Nathan

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I seem to be doing something wrong at the deb code nokia-binaries stage... When's that next version coming out lol?
Actually, I'm not sure you did anything wrong -- I can't "access" the nokia binaries either -- I wonder if they are getting ready to release the final sdk...

---

The Nokia Binaries seems to be available again. I just pulled them and installed them fine.

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-09-11 at 03:31. Reason: Nokia Binaries are available again.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
On step 3 I get an "error 2" message now... *sigh, any thoughts on this?

Step3 nokia binary

0% [connecting to repository.maemo.org (1.0.0.0)]
Err http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/sdk Release.gpg
Could not connect to repository.maemo.org:80 (1.0.0.0), connection timeout

1.0.0.0 ?

They must be doing something with the repository if your getting 1.0.0.0 and your getting error #2 (that means one side of the scratchbox didn't install properly)

Rerun the script and "if" the repository is back online it will fix itself. ;-)

I had some issues last night re-doing a full update also; but re-running the script and hour later worked...

Nathan.

You are right, I think I saw a timeout error at the end of scratchbox installation. So when it gets up...do I run the step3 script.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Nathan,
Thanks so much for your help.
Just wanted to add that I have made a successful install following your directions:

Box: Dell Inspiron 1300
VM:VMWare Player ( I tried MS Virtual 2007, but found it choppy to the point of unreasonable.
GFX: (Intel 915*, so I have Odd resolution issues in the VM in jaunty)
QT: installed and running great (though I really don't know how to emulate on Xepher yet)
Python, Etc: not installed yet.

Now I must admit it took me three full installs, (and two downloads of your image ver form Sept8th and Sept10th)
I ran the initial install script, then ran it again, just to be sure there wasn't a dependancy issue.

then went through Step #1-3. Nok_Bins seemed to fail the first time through. I reran#3 Nok bins installed this time. (dependencies order)

the install script suggested that I run an apt-get update inside of scratchbox, and I'm getting the following error:
W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org fremantle Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'

This continues for 7 more dependencies.

I've checked my /etc/apt/sources.list and I have my deb http://repository.maemo.org/ fremantle/4bc37c... Set correctly.

Any Ideas?
I ask because I'm having the same issue of not have background images and none of the icons(Settings, Apps, etc.) on the desktop working as this thread and I'm wondering if my install is correct.

Again Thanks for all the effort you're putting forth to help New-to-linux/Maemo Developers like me.

Tags
development, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, programming, sdk, virtual machine, virtualpc, windows, windows 7