Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'm curious as to how the N900 will handle a particular situation. I haven't seen it answered (sorry if it has been).

If I get a N900, I plan on making use of my Google Voice number to ring both VOIP and cellular numbers. I assume that there may be some difficulty in determining which service is available for the N900 to use (wireless/cellular).

How does the N900 respond when it has both a cellular call and VOIP call incoming at the same time? Does it easily give you a choice of which to call answer?

ie: If someone dials my Google Voice number, it will attempt to ring both my cell number and my Gizmo number. When I don't have a wireless connection, the cellular service is available and rings. However, at home, I would have both a wireless connection and a cellular connection. What happens when I get a call then?

Granted, I could use GV settings to specify which number to call when, but that isn't always practical.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
this has nothing to do with the n900, it would apply to any phone(N/E series)

i suspect the n900 would act like any phone and give you a choice about which one to pick up

Last edited by UCOMM; 2009-09-17 at 18:38.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Yes, but this isn't any phone we are talking about. This is the N900 running Maemo 5. Perhaps this would have been better posted in the Fremantle section.

I'm curious to know how this will be handled on the N900 using a UI that is not on any other phone currently.

*EDIT* Before Google Voice (or GrandCentral) how likely was this to happen? I guess perhaps Android phones have to deal with this as well. I don't think there are many phones out there equipped to handle multiple incoming calls on multiple services??

Last edited by lemmyslender; 2009-09-17 at 18:56.