Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
i had a similiar experience while playing with my dad's new iphone. Really great first impression, but the troubles started when i wanted to tranfer pics from it to my n900: no bluetooth transfer, needed itunes 10.2 (i had 10.1) to even connect it to a pc, etc. i had to finally install dropbox to transfer the pics.

But on the plus side, the memory management is great! It doesn't becone laggy after a few days and even if u have 15 apps open (i know its not real multitasking, but...) the phone is still snappy.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
Well I finally sold my N900.

Then I bought an iPhone 4.

At first I was impressed. It is fast. The screen is responsive.

But oh god its boring. Its all so restricted and no tweaking is possible., customisation is limited to very basic stuff.

With Cydia its a decent device, but standard its not great.

I actually really really miss my N900
You should have bought an Android.
There are ones with very decent hardware today, with keyboards, with nice cameras, and you can customize EVERY little bit.

Create themes, modify stock applications, compile your own kernel with your own modules, overclock, use ssh, VNC, telnet, ANYTHING.

Enjoy your iPhone 4
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
You should have bought an Android.
There are ones with very decent hardware today, with keyboards, with nice cameras, and you can customize EVERY little bit.

Create themes, modify stock applications, compile your own kernel with your own modules, overclock, use ssh, VNC, telnet, ANYTHING.

Enjoy your iPhone 4
The apps are very good. The gps very quick to lock. Everything works very well. Its just the lack of a command line and ability to "fiddle" I am missing lol

Anyway....pretty sure its going on ebay and then I've just got to decide what I'm buying; a N900 or as you suggest Android.

I'm leaning towards Android I think...

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post

Lol thank you for that

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
still buy Iphone4? Iphone 5 is coming
by the way, you better go to 1 of the Apple shop shout: :
"I want to **** yours *** hole, Steve Jobs!!!!!"

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
The apps are very good. The gps very quick to lock. Everything works very well. Its just the lack of a command line and ability to "fiddle" I am missing lol

Anyway....pretty sure its going on ebay and then I've just got to decide what I'm buying; a N900 or as you suggest Android.

I'm leaning towards Android I think...
I would seriously consider a Symbian. N8s are cheap now. LOTS of hacking, participate in Nokia Beta labs and try all kinds of cool cutting edge apps and tweaks, lots of apps (not nearly as much as iPhone, but cool ones, like well known JoikiSpot). HDMI, USB to go, best camera of them all. Free navigation world wide and so on. Constantly updates, Anna coming any time.

With the N8 you can use it as a DLNA server and as a wifi router while using USB to go and being connected to a widescreen in HD to watch a movie. It is simply awesome if you get down to it.

Android? Maybe some of the new Motorola is usable, but I doubt it.

hurry up and get a n950! there are some going for that coding competition afaik! gl

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
the missis has got a android phone and even she says it's sh*te. locks up at the drop of a hat

So weird, thankfully the buyer of the N900 offered it back to me and following day iPhone was sold too!

Ok, N900 is bit slower at times, but at least I can make it my own and it does SOOOO much more than the iPhone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post:

Tags
just shoot me, you fool