Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all.

A few questions here. Feel free to pitch in if you can be of any help.

Pyradio: Volume starts out fairly low. I don't know how to increase the volume on my N800 in this app.
The only method I found is by opening Media Player and sliding the volume up full tilt. The problem is I have to do this for each and every song.

Vagalume: Volume starts at 80. Is there a way to force it to 100 when launched? Also, even at 100, it's still not as loud as I can get my tablet to blast using Pyradio.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of command line or something I can alter to make both apps play at the loudest possible setting.

Mplayer: It launches all of my videos with a 200 ms audio delay so I have to go into the menu every time to change this when playing something. Any possible chance to make it default at 0 ms?

Thanks ahead for any responses.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
Get N900

Oh boy...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by dtparikh View Post
Get N900
Get a clue. He clearly pointed out that he's using an N800. Your disgraceful insubordination is unappreciated.

Let's see if someone else can do a better job of responding to the OP than you did.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Honestly, it sounds like pyradio itself might be the problem, in this case. Did you try reporting it to the Maemo maintainer for this code?

Check out this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56036

Hopefully that's at least a slightly more helpful reply than dtparikh's.

Edit: Ahha... I see you had already found it. Congrats, cheers and good luck!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-07-14 at 19:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Mplayer: It launches all of my videos with a 200 ms audio delay so I have to go into the menu every time to change this when playing something. Any possible chance to make it default at 0 ms?
If mplayer on Maemo is the same as on other Linuxes, you can create a ~/.mplayer/config file. This config file has directives for every single mplayer CLI switch.

The task now becomes determining which CLI switch changes the audio delay. As an example, if you wanted mplayer to always use a specific set of CLI switches (-af value1=0:value2=1 -ao sdl -fs), your config file will contain three lines, one for each switch:
af=value1=0:value2=1
ao=sdl
fs=true

Last edited by wumpwoast; 2011-07-14 at 20:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Well, it looks like line 108 is where Vagalume is setting the volume.
http://www.gitorious.net/vagalume/va...ab/src/audio.c
It's doubtful it can be launched any differently.

I'm thinking of recompiling this even though I don't have much of a clue where to start. Could be fun but I doubt it.

I can get Pyradio to really kick, but messing with the volume after every song is a real chore. I don't understand why Media Player keeps doing this.

Anyway, thanks for the responses so far.

I thought mplayer is just for videos and Media player handles music.

For videos, I really like to go here:
http://www.watchseries-online.com/2005/07/index.html

I click on a show, click the episode, choose Megaupload or sometimes Zshare, and then download.

The shows look really, really good.

You just need to make sure everything on the tablet is closed down, that you're offline, and make the Audio delay at 0 ms otherwise it will play a little funny.

Also, I like this site as well.
http://www.animea.net/

When downloading a show from there, I try to find the episode where there's an .avi file around 175 megs for a 30 minute show. Those play awesome too except for the beginning introduction where there's a storm of activity going on before the show actually starts.

It just would be nice to super blast Vagalume and Pyradio after agreeing to some type of warning that I could very likely shatter my tablet by cranking the volume much too excessively.

af=value1=0:value2=1
ao=sdl
fs=true
Okay. I think that I must have read your post wrong the first time.

I'll add this to /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf and see if that junk does this trick.

Thank you.

Actually the mplayer CLI arguments I provided were only examples to demonstrate how the config file works. You still need to figure out the proper CLI argument for changing the audio-video delay. Try doing a text-search around the mplayer man page.

Just to explain my example mplayer arguments:
-af is "audio filters", which I thought was a good candidate for where the audio-video delay spec MIGHT be
-ao is "audio output"
-fs is "fullscreen"

Good luck,
Justin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n800, volume