Closed Thread
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
I was told by the Nokians that the PR1.2 firmware will not be released globally so soon... so, don't expect it to be released for download at the same time as the Hong Kong edition.

By the way, since PR1.2 is with Qt 4.6 bundles, some apps that were developed in previous versions of Qt may not be able to run properly. Perhaps that's why Nokia would like to hold the PR1.2 release date a bit so that developers will have time to adjust their code for better Qt 4.6 compatibility.
This has been a known fact for weeks and the Maemo 1.2 SDK has been available for weeks for this very reason. Many of the Qt apps have been waiting for PR 1.2.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
I was told by the Nokians that the PR1.2 firmware will not be released globally so soon... so, don't expect it to be released for download at the same time as the Hong Kong edition.

By the way, since PR1.2 is with Qt 4.6 bundles, some apps that were developed in previous versions of Qt may not be able to run properly. Perhaps that's why Nokia would like to hold the PR1.2 release date a bit so that developers will have time to adjust their code for better Qt 4.6 compatibility.
What? applications? dude there are less than 500 applications for N900!! all of them at beta stage!!

Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
What? applications? dude there are less than 500 applications for N900!! all of them at beta stage!!
Point being?

Maybe with Qt 4.6 and a software load that supports it we'll get more (from the poor, easily confused Android and iPhone developers )

Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
including devel and testing?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
It's almost certainly not. Is there any convincing reason as to why Nokia would hold on to it?
Because as soon as an N900 user explodes in anticipation it's going to have a new world record in fanboyism. Apple will have to switch to mass suicides to top an exploded maemmalian.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I'm pretty disappointed that they are saying that the PR 1.2 isn't coming anytime soon for us. I am really only waiting for the update to see whether I will keep the phone or not. I hope they make a decision to release it soon, if they wait to long, I may just have to get rid of it. It's too much of a hassle right now (battery issues, can't easily sync my music and podcasts, lack of apps). I hope they fix many of these problems and get it out to us.

I am new to the Nokia world, and I like their products and want to be loyal to them, but they are making it difficult.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I don't care about world wide release.. I just want Nokia to release it's update to the US IMEI N900 that's all for now. USA got the PR1.1.1 since 16February and now it is 1 month and half and still no update after that. PR1.1.1 is supposedly a foundation toward the PR1.2.

This is rediculously stupid of Nokia not to make it's make on consumers faith. Most of us here getting really tired of waiting and some have already fallen to the Devil side.. God help the fallen one!

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
If I was invited to this conference, I won't be able to understand anything either lol. I may be understand the sexy girl Oh la la!! So mooth and shiney!! Damn... (*I'm talking about the N900*) lol
Haha if i was invited as well, i wouldn't mind translating. You'll be understanding the event and the girls. Best of both worlds. haha.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I don't care about world wide release.. I just want Nokia to release it's update to the US IMEI N900 that's all for now. USA got the PR1.1.1 since 16February and now it is 1 month and half and still no update after that. PR1.1.1 is supposedly a foundation toward the PR1.2.

This is rediculously stupid of Nokia not to make it's make on consumers faith. Most of us here getting really tired of waiting and some have already fallen to the Devil side.. God help the fallen one!
You seriously need to chill. It's just a phone update. Enjoy it for what it does now which is way better than any other phone out. The update will come when it's ready.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
You seriously need to chill. It's just a phone update. Enjoy it for what it does now which is way better than any other phone out. The update will come when it's ready.
i think not tecnically true that the n900 is better than all the phones out there. Actually it's lining up with some good phone but not the best.

Can't really chill aye, when it's been so long since the PR1.1.1 is released. PR1.1.1 is not meant to be the solid firmware anyway. It's just a foot step toward PR1.2 but not the real thing.

Closed Thread