I realize I am about 3 years late on this issue, but I only recently got my N800. I promise it's not the typical update issue, so please hear me out.
My N800 fell on the hard wood floor and now when I try to turn it on it won't get past the initial white screen. The blue light illuminates the buttons and the Nokia logo appears as normal, but instead of moving on to the usual two hands Nokia logo and then onto my desktop, the device shuts off. When I plug in my charger, the same thing happens, except that the device stays illuminated for much longer. That is as far as I have gone with messing with it aside from removing the battery, because I don't know what I'm doing.
Is there any hope to restore my device!?! If so, any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am not super tech savvy, but I can probably figure it out with some guidance : )
Thank you so much!

Last edited by krimsonqueen; 2010-06-18 at 03:05.

I don't think this will help (because it sounds like a physical issue), but how about reflashing your device?

The Following User Says Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Great White North
All I can suggest is, short of reflashing, take the battery out, push the on button for five seconds and reinstall the battery. If it starts back up, you knocked a fuse of sorts loose and you just rest it.

The Following User Says Thank You to electrolind For This Useful Post:
hordeman- i noticed that most people suggest reflashing for a booting problem, but i thought like you suggested that for a physical issue this wouldn't apply. i decided i'd see what you guys thought before i considered doing it since i'm not sure of the process.

electrolind- my hope rose at your suggestion, but alas, it was crushed : ) i wondered about a fuse thing too, but i guess not : (
do you think reflashing would help this issue???

thank you guys so much for trying to help, i really appreciate it!

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ West Hills California
You should inspect for damage. Remove the battery. Take a thin blade screwdriver and gently pry in the three holes under the kickstand. Metal bezel will pop off and you can remove the speaker cover.

It's possible that the battery contacts are weak. Your symptom is common with weak power.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgalati4 For This Useful Post:
thanks tgalati4, i will check that out in the morning

I think that you should reflash before you try anything else. I don't think this is a physical damage, just a corrupted FS that can be booted. You can't break the N800 with a fall on a hardwood floor ! you need terrazzo and a lot of force !

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:
thanks giladmttw, i feel very encouraged now! i think i will try and reflash since so many people suggest this as sort of a panacea. i'm so happy to see someone think it isn't broken for good