Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Here's something that impressed and convinced me tonite:

http://www.bonnier.com/en/content/di...-mag-prototype

When I said in my initial post that Maemo should "allow the platform and devices to evangelize that ability. Moving past that means moving past computing norms and while smoothing out the issues with the norms." This is what I am talking about. Note how the UX responds not just to the feature-set (wake on touch, multitouch, gestures, acclerometer, constant connectivity, etc.) but how it uses that and simplifies the actions so much that the device responds to the user and not the other way around.

Its this kind of focus that I see as the disconnect between Maemo and Symbian right now. Being an open source movement cannot help that part, this is where Nokia has to take the reins in vision and basically setting the bar at a point where developers aren't just making "just another ebook reader" but redefining the experience based on the needs of the user then on the capability of the platform.

Because, if all that a fan can do is first tout a spec sheet, then the device really doesn't do more than stroke the ego - that is, impress you. To convince, means that you display relevance not just for yourself, but for the other party all the more.

Tags
community, impressions, innovation, n900, nokia