While the help you get in these forums is not seen everywhere, there are huge disadvantages of participating in a "developper" forum. They are talented in one aspect of computing but most developpers lack the social skills, the humor, the patience and the punani which would make them interact like normal human beings. I can hear some of them get mad at this and will seek revenge by trolling my next threads but that's all you do because your life revolves around here.

Edit: Obviously not everyone

Last edited by h3llraz0r; 2010-05-04 at 00:04.

I actually make a living by being a layer between poor-social-skilled developers and customers.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
hahahaaahaaahaaahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
This forum IS unique. Talk about leaked firmware is frowned upon, however trolling is welcome in all forms. Nice.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Post deleted by myself

Last edited by thefoxtrot; 2010-05-03 at 23:46.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
I actually make a living by being a layer between poor-social-skilled developers and customers.
"I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people???"

-Tom Smykowski

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by h3llraz0r View Post
While the help you get in these forums are not seen everywhere, there are huge disadvantages of participating in a "developper" forum. They are talented in one aspect of computing but most developpers lack the social skills, the humor, the patience and the punani which would make them interact like normal human beings. I can hear some of them get mad at this and will seek revenge by trolling my next threads but that's all you do because your life revolves around here.
Blanket statements like that are a form of logical fallacy.

Originally Posted by shinkamui View Post
This forum IS unique. Talk about leaked firmware is frowned upon, however trolling is welcome in all forms. Nice.
Both of those statements are completely false.

If you want to debate it, though, bring facts instead of opinions.

I think h3llraz0r should host an online class for "poor-social-skilled developers."

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Both of those statements are completely false.

If you want to debate it, though, bring facts instead of opinions.
FWIW, though this evidence is completely anecdotal, TMO is much more permissive than just about any forum I've been on before. I think this is both a good thing and a very bad one, in that it does discourage some very productive people otherwise from participating overly much.

Not that I'm honestly sure what the solution to this is, or if it should be solved.

I'll just go back to swigging whiskey so I can keep on participating myself. :P

I play sports, run, go off roading and get some pretty hot "punani" and I also code Perl, play in Linux all day and am an IT professional.

I also like long walks on the beach.

What do you do?