Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
could you do a reboot and try installing it again. sometimes if a background installation isn't completed i've received the same error. a reboot and some wait later the installation goes through well. sry if not useful, just a tip to try.

Yes i try restart thedead1440 ^^ Don't worry !

rcolistete thanks i go try this solution , and for information Fenne it's already installed on my N9, but for install fennec i just double click on the file ^^

I keep you updated soon =)

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by blinkman04 View Post
rcolistete thanks i go try this solution , and for information Fenne it's already installed on my N9, but for install fennec i just double click on the file ^^
IPython and SymPy for MeeGo Harmattan can also be installed by double tapping the file, see the topics :

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78568
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79997

Please try to install them. As I have packaged SymPy, IPython and MatPlotLib for MeeGo Harmattan, if one install and another don't, I can compare my configuration files to try to find the problem.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Python Sympy is installed but Ipthon don't ...

In french --> " Installation impossible. Programme d'installation invalide "

Anyone else with the same problem of blinkman04 ?

I have no solution because I am not able to reproduce the problem.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

If you want i show my problem with a vidéo .. But i try to intalled a 2nd fois my N9 soon.

I know this post has been around for awhile, but i faced the same problem, as i can't install those deb file for the exact same problem. I can install and run ipython, Numpy and Sympy but not Matlibplot, so it was kinda frustrating, as I tried all the method i can think of.
Originally Posted by blinkman04 View Post
Hello !

I had just a little problem when i try to install the Library...

When i enter this command : " # dpkg -i python-matplotlib-data_1.0.0-1_all.deb "

My N9 returning this error : "Aegis rejecting python-matplotlib-data_1.0.0-1_all.deb : Could not open debian archive
Aegis aborting dpkg -- all listed package files rejected"

Can i clean this error ? What ? Thanks for your help... ^^

Sorry for my approxymatly english .. i'm french ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to ep1010 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ep1010 View Post
I know this post has been around for awhile, but i faced the same problem, as i can't install those deb file for the exact same problem. I can install and run ipython, Numpy and Sympy but not Matlibplot, so it was kinda frustrating, as I tried all the method i can think of.
Could you tell me more about your Harmattan smartphone ? Nokia N9 or N950 ? With PR1.2 ?

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Could you tell me more about your Harmattan smartphone ? Nokia N9 or N950 ? With PR1.2 ?
I am using a Nokia n9 with PR1.2(30.2012.07-1_PR_001).

My N9 now has PR1.3 and MatPlotLib (python-matplotlib-data & python-matplotlib) is successfully installed using "# dpkg -i" as root and "Allow installations from non-store sources" turned on.

I symply can not reproduce the installation errors of blinkman4 and ep1010 users.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-12-27 at 18:14.