Active Topics

just ask them which date you get your new minutes n txt n internet...
they are helpless at the moment..

ive made a thread here

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/59...to-management/

if you think 2-3gb is fair then please say so in the thread

may not do anything but worth a shot

cheers peeps

closed my thread allready

please go to this one http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/57...5&#entry389555

and quote my post and add if you think 2-3 gb would be fair

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I do understand the need to regulate the network. It is often saturated here in Edinburgh and sometimes internet access is not possible although I get a strong 3g signal.

At the end of the day Vodafone should be charging the abusers of the network not everyone else.

They are probably trying to push people to buy their "optional" broadband deal - £15 a month for 3gb?.

@buxz777: Also, shutting down your thread is pretty ******ed. Just shows Vodafone are unwilling to listen to their market.

Let's see what happens. If Vodafone do introduce a £5 fee then the best thing to do is take your custom elsewhere. There are many competitors who seem to offer fairer terms.

I'm tied into a 2 year contract (currently 6 months in) and have no problem walking aways from it - bought my mobile from Mobilesdirect.

Another possibility is to cancel your direct debit, wait for the "You owe us money" letter/email, claim you are suffering from "financial hardship" and hopefully negotiate a better deal.

Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
you're not supposed to use it as your main modem, i understand why you should be charged more if you download 30gb a month, i don't understand why i should be charged more if i download 700MB

they have plans to do that... http://online.vodafone.co.uk/busines...a-mobile-phone
Who said that i'm not supposed to use my 3G connection as my main modem... why not! I signed up to an unlimited data plan and there was not mention of a FUP either verbally at the nokia store or in writing, including within the vodafone t&c's which i signed. The first time i ever knew about a FUP was reading this thread.

I am living in temporary accomodation, probably going to be there for 3-4 months. i can't commit to a 12 month virgin broadband or a bt line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Agreed with everyone here. I've reset my data counter, logged onto IM, turned on internet radio and will youtube like never before. I was way over 500Mb last month and to make sure it happens again these steps are necessary.

I am shocked at the audacity of the VF staff. I've spoken to them honestly about what the N900 is built for, about my internet needs and how we shouldnt get a cap as small as the 500MB if the iphone gets 1GB only to be told there is nothing they can do.

I will be calling them as soon as I get their text telling me about the change in contract. Funny thing is if they didnt already text me to warn me about me going over the allowance and then the 2nd mssg to apologise for the error text none of this would have been known. They shot themselves in the foot.

Bring it on Voda. bring it on.

FYI: Internet radio has already downloaded/uploaded a total of 5MB in 5 mins.

the problem is vodafone say you can cancel if your bill will be 10% more, what about if i had the contract, not used net yet due to using wifi at home but was planing on going on a long trip around the UK and using gprs? i had the contract on the understanding i get unlimited altho it has a fair usage of 500mb but i was told if i go over the 500mb i WILL NOT be charged unless i go over every month, so now when i go traveling in july i can no longer use my n900 as i would like to as i will get charged from 1st june, but when i had the contract i was told i would not get charged.
voda need to sort this out, i will not accept the new t&c so its up to them what they do after that.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
To be fair Vodafone previous policy was quite "laid back" compared to other operators.

"Sure there is a 500mb limit but if you go over now and again we won't penalise you for it."

That was quite a refreshing change from the others.

Unfortunately I imagine shareholders want their return on investment and now if you go over 500mb you get charged a fiver.

Just charge persistent offenders that is much fairer (but I imagine is less porfitable).

No other UK provider has removed their fair use policy. VF is the first to do this. If this proves successfull be assured others will follow. This will limit our choices and increase our costs. We will lose the flexibility to switch operators if they are all the same.

Reminds me of the Broadband competition. Soon they removed unlimited internet and introduced limits on how much you want to use per month and pay accordingly. I wouldnt mind a version of this if they had a reasonable option on the table for unlimited internet. If 15 mins of internet radio has taken up 15MB - in 8 hours i would have passed my allowance for the month. A few road trips and youtubing and im paying into the £10's.

Tags
vodafone con