Thanks for putting efforts into this application, much appreciated!

Some more specific feedback was asked for so I did some testing on my N9. I chosed Tiny Dancer with Elton John Greatest Hits available in the db. I played the song from my laptop in front of me. I tried both with holding the phone in my hand approx 20 cm from the computer speaker and also by putting it on the table approx 15-20 cm from the speaker. I couldn't notice any difference. I also tried to lower the volume on the pc but couldn't find any differencies there either. Eyrie either found the song or not at the same places in the song. I tried this several times for the timings below and was almost the same result every time. It could take longer some times to find it but it could be due to my timing starting Eyrie.

The results below is first when I started Eyrie in the song. Second when Eyrie reports a result and third if it found it or not.

00:00 - 00:15 - Found it
00;24 - 00:58 - Found it
01:00 - 01:25 - Found it
01:30 - 01:55 - Found it
02:00 - 02:25 - Found it
02:30 - 03:18 - Didn't find it
03:00 - 03:45 - Didn't find it
04:00 - 04:49 - Didn't find it
05:15 - 06:02 - Didn't find it

I also tried to play this song on the phone and it had no problem finding it in the first part as when trying with OTA. I noticed that the frequency waves are not visible when playing from phone. Maybe a good reason for this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
Thanks for putting efforts into this application, much appreciated!

Some more specific feedback was asked for so I did some testing on my N9...
Thanks, that's really helpful. There's been some discussion on the EchoPrint mailing list recently of planned server changes which should make matching in later parts of songs more accurate, so hopefully that'll help with the sorts of results you're getting. When I have a bit more free time I'll see about prodding the people in question and seeing if I can find out a bit more about what stage those changes are at.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
In case anyone wanted to set up a server (here's how):
Here's api.py modified in order to pass basic metadata to a client.
Here's modified eyrie source which plays nicely with the above (you'll need to edit the target IP address in eyrie.cpp though).

After a couple of hours of testing with N900 I'm still not sure what factors determine a successful match. Is there any significant drop in reliability because of signal downsampling and thus cutting off higher frequencies? Perhaps the material ingested was of inappropriate genre (old-school Swedish death metal, ~1300 songs, whole). But why on earth it wouldn't recognize *any* songs on 'Purgatory Afterglow' no matter how many times I tried but with 'Until Eternity Ends' it was all but too familiar...? And, yeah, Shazam on NITDroid had much less problems matching even such lo-fi tracks as Carnage's 'Torn Apart' and was generally much more successful with the same song pool tested in the exact same environment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trompkins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Bangladesh
I Installed the app but unfortunately its not even starting. Just a black screen with slight illumination. Any idea why ?

The Following User Says Thank You to obhishap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by obhishap View Post
I Installed the app but unfortunately its not even starting. Just a black screen with slight illumination. Any idea why ?
It sounds like you're probably running it on the N900 and have qt-components-10 installed instead of qt-components (unfortunately the two aren't currently compatible).

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
What kind of app is this...I can recognise more songs than this thing does!?

The Following User Says Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I does not recognise any song for only time it found the wrong arties and song.
My cat reconize more songs as this app.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
It sounds like you're probably running it on the N900 and have qt-components-10 installed instead of qt-components (unfortunately the two aren't currently compatible).
Does this app use com.meego namespace? if yes, download
qt-components-10-com.meego-compat package and try out again
and Elleo: please move to com.nokia.meego namespace then, as com.meego is deprecated

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
I installed it. It opens up fine. I press find song it starts recording but it doesnt find a song at all. Is there a way to check if its recording? The app looks great though. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Wats up now? Dead,