Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by don.edri View Post
I've emailed them more than a week ago with the same questions but I haven't got an answer still - hopefully you'll be more successful
Same here, also wrote them a mail about almost 2 weeks ago - no answer...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I'm starting to hate these trolls with a passion these days....
Never gunna happen people, & if it does it'll probably be half-baked & never really take-off.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'm starting to hate these trolls with a passion these days....
Never gunna happen people, & if it does it'll probably be half-baked & never really take-off.
2 weeks ago, it said "oem only" but now, it says that consumers can also make profit for ACL.... who knows!

Let's wait some more to see what they offer

Tbh we have no reason to expect anything from them, but its not gonna harm us if they do be true to their word.

Its not like we are putting our lives on the line waiting for them, just carry on being the usual awesome community we are and if this works out then weheey!

If not then ah well and move on

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
I don't know if anyone noticed the cursor in the demonstration video but it looks just like another cloud-based application like Alien Dalvik (which the devs of claimed to have rewritten Dalvik). Although Dalvik is written Java (which can be reversed with a decompiler) it isn't just that easy to hack or customise the VM to run under a completely different environment. If that was possible, we would see it on apple devices already with the help of jailbreaking, since there are a lot more coders and users than here are.

This project doesn't look legitimate to me at all. Even if they manage to release that (which I highly doubt), I wouln't care about it. Not anyway since I held a sgsIII in my hands which supposed to have the amazing horsepower to run android like no other. I can say that it was still an utter mess. The device is not to blame but the software is. It's Java that makes android slow, clumsy, unintuitive. I always said Java is not a solution for mobile platforms. The same can be said to flash. I might sound like steve jobs but I think this is the truth. Yeah I know running Android apps would be great as you would have a wide variety of apps available but some of us should know that it has become a trend to make false promises.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Ummmm....
http://lifehacker.com/5693309/how-to...six-easy-steps

Just saying.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Ummmm....
http://lifehacker.com/5693309/how-to...six-easy-steps

Just saying.
hit the wrong thread?
this is iDroid like... NITDroid?
you don't need an ANDroid VM if you are running the actual Droid, do you?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
I would just like to point it that the devs took ages to announce that they where still working on it. I Have a feeling it will be ages before we hear anymore. But I have faith. The glass is half full guys.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Don't wait. This is vapourware and will never get released be released as a cloud-based application.

EDIT: Notice the ip address in the demonstration video of ACL on Tizen. Cloud-based CONFIRMED. Pretty useless.

Last edited by Ariadeno; 2012-07-30 at 02:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ariadeno For This Useful Post:
Oh that officially sucks

Tags
android clones, clone_wars, hope...