Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
In weird but not totally terrible news: US federal drug regulators haven't approved the Astra Zeneca vaccine yet for some reason, although the feds had already purchased several million doses assuming approval was imminent. Luckily, non-insane people are currently in charge who have loaned the as-of-now unusable doses to Canada and Mexico, where usage is already approved.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How effective do you think the shoot will be a year from now?
Due to the nature of the virus the vaccination is pretty good against the known variations. And can be imagined to be pretty effective against future unknown variations too.
I may be wrong, but that may not have been the question. The way I read it was, "how long will the effects last?"
And the answer to that is still, "we don't know".

Taking other coronaviruses as examples, the effects may be short lived. There is no long-term immunity to any known coronavirus so far. You can catch the cold several times per year.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Latest on Pfizer is it lasts at least 6 months as that is all the data there is. But likely it will last longer. Got my second a few days ago and didn't feel a thing. Although my arm was sore the next day. No signicant reaction. After the first shot it is 80% effective. The second shot makes it 90% effective and helps it last longer. It was a big relief getting the first shot. Still social distance and wear mask but fewer worries.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Lets hope for the best. But I want to see numbers. Just because some lower numbers are reported we just can't say that the vaccine is working. I want two six month cycles. From what we seens it will come spikes with a few month intervals. Imagine if it works for six months and the everybody think its free for all due to a double shot. A mutation strikes with a huge setback. Try it on a small community and observe. A remote town in the middle of nowhere. Before and even now, this was done in africa to try out shady shitty ****. Now I think US or Brazil are great candidates.
This pandemic has really shown that the world is is not ready for an aliens invasion. Noone can cooooperate and everyone act as if it was a one man show.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2021-04-06 at 16:51.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Try it on a small community and observe. A remote town in the middle of nowhere.
NIMBY!

Besides, the very idea of an isolated community is a fantasy.

This pandemic has really shown that the world is is not ready for an aliens invasion. Noone can cooooperate and everyone act as if it was a one man show.
Absolutely! Some of us have sen it coming from miles away. Not the pandemic, that is. The "me, me, me, screw everyone else" attitude. It got worse at the very time we should all pull together and it is going to get even worse when a real diater strikes. Such as a climate catastrophe.

The vaccine appears to be effective against the variants, although not quite as good. However it is sufficient to keep you out of the hospital and you avoid being incubated and dying from covid-19. If you prefer to take that risk that's up to you. However, the point being made that human "civilization" lacks the cooperative capacity to ward off an alien invasion is spot on. For humanity to survive, best to build a spaceship and escape while you can.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
We will see what will happen next.

Last edited by Dave999; 2021-04-07 at 20:14.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
If humans are not ready for alien invasion and lack coooooperation abilities in light of that, it is quite understandable, for there is no proof of aliens to exist.

My sisters husband got after ten days of vaccination a very bad day. Shoulder suddenly grew bigger and symptoms were like could get anafylactic shock. He checked and 15/100 000 000 has got the same symptoms. My sister was all the time checking is he alive. But they live in a country where if you report having covid or any unnatural symptoms you will be locked away with many thousand people for 5-6 weeks, so they do not add to those calculations. There are possibly a lot of folks who do not tell about covid or symptoms just because being afraid to be locked somewhere.

Any fans of the website Ancient Origins? Spent like 10 hours there on Easter. I love similarities of flood stories and Babel tower stories around the world, information about giants and dragons, and of course lost/unknown civilisations and lost/drowned cities and islands. Genuinely believe people have confronted dragons, but doubt the part of speaking wise dragons as well as fire breathing dragons.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2021-04-08 at 16:49.

Ofcourse there is proof. You and me are proof and that there is no proof that aliens do not exists is also proof of the existsnce.

Ofcourse there is proof. You and me are proof and that there is no proof that aliens do not exists is also proof of the existsnce.
So true! This falls under the guiding rule: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Indeed, it is more likely they are here! Those pesky aliens are smarter then us!

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson