Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post

If, however, the order is actually dictated to when you placed your very first preorder, then the story is different.

Sadly, I don't think we can even speculate how many people received their devices. I _think_ that Jolla has to deliver 10k devices in total for preorders, or fewer than that. I reckon they have to be shipping >1000 per day to just get it right, but this is all speculation.
Both my payment ID and order ID were <1000.

Also speculation, but maybe the international orders are beign processed and sorted right now. I know that Itella uses different terminals for national and international packages. Its possible that the finnish orders were quickly dumped into the national delivery chain and international orders are going through the system more slowly. They got packages for 27 different countries to sort out.

Jolla could also be using different shipping company alltogether for international orders, as Itella makes direct delivieries only in Finland and offers no special advantage for international orders compared to their competion.

I personally don't care too much about the order. Ideally, I want it before xmas, if it comes afterwards, it'll be ok too.

I do understand Jolla though... they are quite small, messages (or the lack of it) sometimes can be confusing. From a business perspective, it does make sense to serve where most people are first. Look at big telcos: they'll give you fibre optic based internet only if there is enough demand.

Also, to play devil's advocate, when preordered you had "1st" and "2nd". I expect that the "1st" ones will be done before the "2nd" ones, but how would I know ;-)

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Both my payment ID and order ID were <1000.

Also speculation, but maybe the international orders are beign processed and sorted right now. I know that Itella uses different terminals for national and international packages. Its possible that the finnish orders were quickly dumped into the national delivery chain and international orders are going through the system more slowly. They got packages for 27 different countries to sort out.

Jolla could also be using different shipping company alltogether for international orders, as Itella makes direct delivieries only in Finland and offers no special advantage for international orders compared to their competion.
Knowing that former head of Itella is now in Jolla if I'm not mistaken it would be surprising..

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Just visited a DNA shop 5 minutes ago and asked when I can buy a Jolla from them.
The shop assistant told me that they have boxloads of them in the back room, and will start selling on Wednesday morning.
Apparently I was not the first to ask the question

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Just visited a DNA shop 5 minutes ago and asked when I can buy a Jolla from them.
The shop assistant told me that they have boxloads of them in the back room, and will start selling on Wednesday morning.
If that's true they should really hurry up with the shipping of the preorders... wouldn't look too good (in my opinion at least) if you can buy the phone in regular shops in finland and rest of the supported countries preorders didn't even get a delivery notification yet.. especially since they stated repeatedly that preorders will be served first and will happen in "priority order"

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Last edited by seiichiro0185; 2013-12-09 at 13:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ milano

if this is true it sucks, Jolla ashamed, are you kidding who has already given you the money and keep the phones in stores DNA?

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
will start selling on Wednesday morning
I've been patiently waiting for my pre-order just to switch from "Paid" "In Picking", let alone actually shipping. But if this is true, then I'm going to be mightily annoyed.

so this means i will get mine later because i pre-ordered - Well, life is...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Well if DNA is one of the preorder customers Jolla should not send phones to them? But I dont know did DNA preorder any phones.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
My T-shirt shipped from Itella at Finland side, but was obviously delivered by Royal Mail here in the UK, I expect something very similar for my Jolla. I do hope it arrives before Christmas.

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post: