Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
So people think that Jolla should do this:

if Jolla ships all first wave preorders by tomorrow(dont know if it will happen) they shouldn't sell to non-preorderers at wednesday?
Actually I'm fine with them selling through DNA, as stated before in this thread the more customers they get the better.

The key point (as also said by strongm above) is communications here. The Impression I (and as it seems others too) got from the statements out of Jolla was that preorders will get the device shipped before general sales will start. If they come out and say clearly order is Finnish Preorders then DNA then Rest I'm fine with that, but they should come out and say that clearly.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Last edited by seiichiro0185; 2013-12-09 at 14:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
So people think that Jolla should do this:

if Jolla ships all first wave preorders by tomorrow(dont know if it will happen) they shouldn't sell to non-preorderers at wednesday?
Fact is that except 2 guys in a igloo, no one has received his Jolla yet.

Release on the 27, make the maths, it comes to 25/12.

Then think of terms, if they said "delivery" it means that people are in the right to expect their phone by the 25. If they said "shipping", then they are in the right to expect one tracking number by the 25.

Things would have been much different if from the 27 they had started to send X/Phone a day and said it on Twitter or so... Problem is that now it's like "thanks dudes we got the money you'll get the phone sometime soon" typical finn culture problem, lack of communication.

Last edited by pipould; 2013-12-09 at 14:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
It's not being childish, as said it leaves a bitter taste.

In words, for instance, being a small developer, I am currently porting my apps for BB10 instead of Jolla... Because I consider that if I don't matters much to them, then I do not see why I should give time to a plateform I can't even try for the moment. What you miss is that many of the pre orders are devs and so on...
You have a point that developers need the phone ASAP.

But if you have an N9 try this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...12#post1394012

Thats how I test my apps atm.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
You have a point that developers need the phone ASAP.

But if you have an N9 try this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...12#post1394012

Thats how I test my apps atm.

I'm thinking about but I sold my second N9 when preordering the Jphone... So I dont especially want to erase my whole N9 just for that... I used quite a lot the simulator but I think the look and feel of the Jolla is really missing...

+1 for developers having a phone in advance, this is out of topic and we knew that from day 1. I understand how Jolla couldn't make it happen. If anything, even Nokia couldn't make it happen properly with the N9.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
+1 for developers having a phone in advance, this is out of topic and we knew that from day 1. I understand how Jolla couldn't make it happen. If anything, even Nokia couldn't make it happen properly with the N9.
Remember me when Nokia sent me a Lumia 800 to thank me for my apps but 1 week after the news was that no compatibility from WP8 to WP7... Lumia 800 => useless.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
IF they can pack boxes to DNA, they can sure as hell put boxes for delivery with the same speed to the prepaid customers. I don't care if the device is later than promised, but at least it should arrive no later than to the stores. That's a fair expectation i think.

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
IF they can pack boxes to DNA, they can sure as hell put boxes for delivery with the same speed to the prepaid customers. I don't care if the device is later than promised, but at least it should arrive no later than to the stores. That's a fair expectation i think.
Sorry, I disagree. Stacking up a bunch of Jolla boxes with sequential serial numbers, where you record "From 1000 to 10000: sent to DNA" is completely different to: independently grabing a Jolla box, putting it inside another box, labeling it with your name and address, double checking that it's actually your address, optionally recording that you have a specific serial number and updating your order.

The latter is a much more time consuming exercise, and I am sure that I am forgetting things, like sorting by country or something or other, which could be a prerequisite from the shipping company.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I will never get my jolla ole ole ole...

Next release.. first in web queue.private jet. Join party. Leave early with device...ole ole ole.

When is next release?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-09 at 15:56.

Well they seem to have shipped the first software update before my device, I wonder what SW will come pre-installed?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...57&postcount=1

Last edited by nbedford; 2013-12-09 at 16:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post: