Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
According to the maemo SVN repository, "Internet Tablet 2005" has been branched. It might not mean anything, it might mean a lot...

What does this mean in something approaching plain English?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
In source code repositiories (as used by maemo.org), one can create independent source code branches. They are commonly used during software RELEASE, when a so called "stable" branch is created. On the stable branch one applies bugfixes but doesnt add new features...
It looks that this stable branch has been created so a release might be on the way. But I should point out that not whole maemo platform has been branched yet, but it was Friday late afternoon. Let's see on Monday.

Ah, I see.

Well, even when it's All Done, they still have to throw that puppy onto ROMs, install them in the units, test some of the units, pack the units, and then Announce For Sale.

I say that process will take at least four more weeks.

(Someone apply smelling salts to poor Roger!)

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Nah, I'm just waiting for developer device number 200 or so. (I hope. Maybe I'll be towards the end of the 500-developer line.) Those should be ready sooner, and I'm likely to fall into a "who cares, I've got mine" attitude.

I've already gotten my bags packed and a wildcard reservation on a banana boat to South America. Because I just know that if I get my review unit first, you are going to come after me.

Now, which SA nation has the most WiFi?

Man I have got to get some contacts at Nokia. Just being a blogger doesn't get you much.