Nobody is paying attention to this. I know virtually zero of coding, but if I knew which files it uses to predict autocorrection, I would dive deep into it.

This is the only reason I want to switch to NITdroid as soon as I can manage to enable the autocorrect feature there. Or for a Galaxy Nexus running JB..

I disagree, the keyboard of the N9 is much much better than the iPhone's.. But its' autocorrection and lag really frustrate me.

Sometimes, you type a word such as "person" and it registers something completely different and autocorrects to something EVEN more different. Fun fact: when you type a word and it suggests the same word, press on your typed word to see all the suggestions. Then you will notice that the word you typed seen in the suggestion popup is actually different from the one on the text field. Ahah.

Anyway, if anyone who knows this stuff could help :-)

Bump. Come on devs, I would pay good money to make this go away. This is the only thing that currently frustrates me the most with the N9. If this was dealt with I'd be at peace with this beautiful device.

The Following User Says Thank You to isfr21 For This Useful Post:
Hey guys, i found that all added word into the dictionary are store into this file:

Code:
/home/user/.meego-im-engines/xt9/6.2/personal.dat
but i don't how to modify or how does it work.

i think, this file can be edited by a xt9-engine (or something similar)

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ry-since-PR1.2

Last edited by Under5hadow; 2012-08-24 at 13:13. Reason: more precision

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Under5hadow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Under5hadow View Post
Hey guys, i found that all added word into the dictionary are store into this file:

Code:
/home/user/.meego-im-engines/xt9/6.2/personal.dat
but i don't how to modify or how does it work.

i think, this file can be edited by a xt9-engine (or something similar)

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ry-since-PR1.2
The files are closed binary, meaning we can't access or change them.

Nokia won't open the files for us as they simply do not care, and anybody at Nokia who cared about the N9 and us maemo bunch have been sacked. So I wouldn't get your hopes up for this.

IF this device gets a CSSU which im starting to think won't be happening, then itll maybe get fixed on one of them updates, otherwise your only option is put up, create a new virtual keyboard or get a different phone

Ive gone with a Galaxy Nexus as my main phone now, due to it being more reliable. The N9 will remain my play toy for when im at home

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
The files are closed binary, meaning we can't access or change them.

Nokia won't open the files for us as they simply do not care, and anybody at Nokia who cared about the N9 and us maemo bunch have been sacked. So I wouldn't get your hopes up for this.

Ive gone with a Galaxy Nexus as my main phone now, due to it being more reliable. The N9 will remain my play toy for when im at home
Yeah i know that some of the files are binary closed but i was expecting that somehow we can "enclose" them.

I was thinking about creating a new keyboard and add a engine similar to IOS or ANDROID. Is it possible or just a kind of crazy dream ?

Yeah i know that some of the files are binary closed but i was expecting that somehow we can "enclose" them.

I was thinking about creating a new keyboard and add a engine similar to IOS or ANDROID. Is it possible or just a kind of crazy dream ?
Its definately possible, using Swype as my example, not sure how to integrate it into the system though

PS. The only way to access the binary xt9 files would be the reverse engineer them, which could takes days/weeks/months and its effort I don't see anybody here putting in

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
What do u mean by "using Swype as my example" ?

What do u mean by "using Swype as my example" ?
Swype was added at a system level but it is not the default keyboard.

Meaning its possible to add extra keyboards ect.

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I see.

I'm ont afraid to create one but I need docs to integrate it in the system. Do u know where could I find them ?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
I Would also love the ability to remove some of these ridiculous words.
Leeann ?
Kirov?
Bayreuth?
Cockburn?

These are actual words my N9 has predicted after me going spack on the jets.
Fwiw, this was with Swype

Tags
autocomplete, dictionary, keyboard, virtual.fix