Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@pichlo: Warning "Unable to find libthread_db matching inferior's thread library, thread debugging will not be available" suggests that we cannot look into other threads. Any tips on how to get rid of it are welcome. There is https://stackoverflow.com/a/14368545, not sure if its relevant.

Re heavy lifting: in this respect, finding route is easy. It probably takes more CPU to process where you are relative to the route. I'd have to look into how to optimize that part (in future).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
One simple option would be not to show there anything, unless we are on the road.
IMO this would be too simple, as there are many situations (e.g. planning a trip in the proximity of the current location) in which displaying this distance is quite useful; actually more often than it is confusing.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Icons are gone after upgrade to SFOS 3.1.0.11. They are visible just some second when tapping on them.

Edit:
Apparently a sailfish bug...
https://together.jolla.com/question/...tton-problems/
Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
The bug found by @eson has been also reported earlier by one of the beta testers for SFOS. To my knowledge, it has been filed in Jolla's bugzilla about a month ago with the only suggestion coming back as described in https://together.jolla.com/question/...tton-problems/ . Maybe, if more will upvote that issue at TJC, Jolla will do something about it. Although, don't get hopes high.

On icon-related topic. I need help with 24 new icons, as listed in https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps.../icons/basemap .

These icons are used in map switcher, as in https://stackoverflow.com/q/52032235. Icons are shown on active map view, so no special SFOS / Kirigami versions are needed and they are expected to follow the similar language to https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...cons/route.svg , for example. I expect that color use should be OK, but I'll better let designers decide.

The versions with "-white" in the end correspond to the case when the dark map is shown.

Requested icons are as follows:

Type:

- default - default map, as Mapbox Streets
- terrain - map with the focus on terrain, as Mapbox Outdoors
- satellite
- hybrid - satellite with streets
- preview - map used to preview the road before starting navigation
- traffic - same as preview, but with traffic data
- guidance - map optimized for showing while you navigate

Light:

- day
- night

Transport:

- car
- public transport
- walking

All icons are expected to be shown at about 6mm x 6mm sizes on the phone.

Edit: icon style specified

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New release is out: 1.22.0

As always, translations are synced and updated. Thank you all the translators!

This release requires latest Mapbox GL QML plugin (1.5.0.3), please update.

This release is the first after a large reorganization of basemap handling. Its something I envisioned early when taking over Pure Maps development and I am happy that I finally got to implement it. For map providers that are supplying maps for different conditions, the maps were grouped under provider name. This concerns now HERE, Mapbox, and OSM Scout Server. Through such grouping, Pure Maps introduces the following features:

- automatic switch of map type according to your current task (exploring map, route preview, or navigation), daytime, vehicle.

You could still select specific map and examine which map is selected through basemap selector (find a new button on a map). Notice that the selector, when open, is possibly shown not fully on your screen and you can scroll in it. In addition, corresponding zoom selection is shown on the bottom of your screen when the basemap selector is open.

Basemap selector is lacking few icons, see my previous message regarding them. Looking forward for contributions

Since HERE and Mapbox support a large selection of languages, language selector has been added to Preferences, under "General". At the same location you could specify whether you want to switch map types automatically and whether you want light/dark maps to be swapped according to the Sun at your location.

Note that not all languages, day/night combinations are available. In that case, map will be selected according to implemented fallback mechanism. Notable absentees: Mapbox default and terrain maps don't have dark equivalent; HERE does not support Japanese.

While I haven't worked on routing this time much, your recent routes are now shown on routing page. That allows you to recalculate previous route fast.

There have been several changes in Kirigami implementation. It now requires yet unreleased version of Kirigami to be able to show page stack related to search and other activities pinned separately on the right of the map. This is when you are in a wide mode, as on desktop or, possibly, landscape oriented phone. I will prepare flatpak with the corresponding release, but it may take a bit of a time to package all correctly.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
hello Rinigus, do you have any plans on porting pure maps to ubuntu touch? It is a very polished mobile linux os, but the current navigation offering leaves alot to be desired..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to racer8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by racer8 View Post
hello Rinigus, do you have any plans on porting pure maps to ubuntu touch? It is a very polished mobile linux os, but the current navigation offering leaves alot to be desired..
@racer8: good question. I don't mind getting it running on UBPorts, I just lack info regarding it. As far as I heard, its also based on QML/Qt, but with UBPorts specific API.

In particular, I don't know whether UBPorts API based on QtControls2? If it is, it should be trivial to get it running. What about Kirigami? Currently, Pure Maps and OSM Scout Server support Silica, QtControls2, and Kirigami.

If you use some specific API, we would have to make new platform specific code. In practice, its not difficult, just would take some time. So, if you have someone who knows how to program under UBPort, I'll be able to help that person out and together it should be rather quick.

There are few other things that need to be ported, but I would expect it will be trivial as it is Linux.

Where could we get in touch that way that we can attract UBPorts developers? Looks like your mailing lists are pretty much dead.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@racer8: good question. I don't mind getting it running on UBPorts, I just lack info regarding it. As far as I heard, its also based on QML/Qt, but with UBPorts specific API.

In particular, I don't know whether UBPorts API based on QtControls2? If it is, it should be trivial to get it running. What about Kirigami? Currently, Pure Maps and OSM Scout Server support Silica, QtControls2, and Kirigami.

If you use some specific API, we would have to make new platform specific code. In practice, its not difficult, just would take some time. So, if you have someone who knows how to program under UBPort, I'll be able to help that person out and together it should be rather quick.

There are few other things that need to be ported, but I would expect it will be trivial as it is Linux.

Where could we get in touch that way that we can attract UBPorts developers? Looks like your mailing lists are pretty much dead.
Thanks for the quick response, I started a discussion on the ubports forum to see if someone can provide some answers

https://forums.ubports.com/topic/296...avigation-port

Thanks for the quick response; I started a thread at the ubports forum to try and get some answers, here is the link

https://forums.ubports.com/topic/296...avigation-port

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to racer8 For This Useful Post:
"The ut api is viewable here"
https://api-docs.ubports.com/sdk/apps/qml/index.html

and one user menioned that ubuntu touch is utilizing QT 5.9 where pure maps may be using 5.11?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racer8 For This Useful Post: