Active Topics

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Updated to 0.3.0!
Changelog
Download

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
Updated to 0.3.0!
Thanks for the new update! Installed it, logged out and in again, and could see my private messages. Didn't do much more testing, but it all seems in order.

The Following User Says Thank You to malmostoso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Starting today, i have to sign out and then sign back in for it to load anything. It just gives an error message ("access token or refresh token not found"), then i get the "nothing here " screen. Any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Starting today, i have to sign out and then sign back in for it to load anything. It just gives an error message ("access token or refresh token not found"), then i get the "nothing here " screen. Any ideas?
Noticed, fix is on the way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Here is the fix: 0.3.1. As usual, update from OpenRepos, changelog from GitHub.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Updated to 0.3.2!

* Add support for viewing image from more formats of Imgur URL
* Add support for view, add and remove subreddits for multireddit
* Add support for search within a subreddit
* Show number of hidden comments (show additional comments is not implemented yet)
* Fix a possible crash when performing multiple request at startup
* Show a message after added/edited/deleted a comment successfully

Update from OpenRepos

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

I haven't posted here (much) but I've been a happy user of the N900, N9 and now the Jolla phone. I came across the wonderful Quickddit app made by dicksonleong and to my horror I found out he's not maintaining it anymore!

So I decided to pick up development, primarily for the Jolla, since that's my main phone, but also for the N9 because I still have one lying around and porting most features is not too much extra work.

I've just made a new release, 0.4.0, that adds the following features:
* Load more comments feature implemented
* Show author in italics when it has special status (submitter, admin, moderator)
* show link flair
* focus TextArea automatically in TextAreaDialog
* fix UI link voting in comments page

I've published my version here on OpenRepos

I'd love to hear who's still using Quickddit on harmattan!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
I came across the wonderful Quickddit app made by dicksonleong and to my horror I found out he's not maintaining it anymore!

So I decided to pick up development, primarily for the Jolla, since that's my main phone, but also for the N9 because I still have one lying around and porting most features is not too much extra work.
Thank you, that's wonderful!

I am using Quickddit on Jolla (not N9) but I have recently done some changes just for my own use (like workaround for .gifv animations) and wanted to make a pull request, but I was also quite disappointed that dicksonleong does not accept them anymore (leaves them open).

So if I want to contribute, can I make a pull request on your fork?

I hope dicksonleong is fine with someone else continuing with his effort.

EDIT:
Some things I have been thinking of (but can't promise I'll have enough time to implement them) were:
- Reddit Live support (initial proof of concept done, but waiting for Qt upgrade to bring official support for SOAP)
- gifv implementation/workaround (the workaround is quite simple)
- user profiles
- video support either through youtube-dl, or through opening links in LL's video player.

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-06-22 at 08:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Thank you, that's wonderful!

I am using Quickddit on Jolla (not N9) but I have recently done some changes just for my own use (like workaround for .gifv animations) and wanted to make a pull request, but I was also quite disappointed that dicksonleong does not accept them anymore (leaves them open).

So if I want to contribute, can I make a pull request on your fork?
You can, if you go to my fork on github. But I already have gifv support implemented in my 'preview' feature branch, based on patches submitted by Martin Sandsmark. It is already working quite nicely and I hope to include it in the next release, but there's still some minor issues with UI feedback on 404 etc.

I hope dicksonleong is fine with someone else continuing with his effort.
We talked, he's fine with it. I cannot however post updates to openrepos under his account, so it might be confusing for people to see multiple Quickddits there

EDIT:
Some things I have been thinking of (but can't promise I'll have enough time to implement them) were:
- Reddit Live support (initial proof of concept done, but waiting for Qt upgrade to bring official support for SOAP)
- gifv implementation/workaround (the workaround is quite simple)
- user profiles
- video support either through youtube-dl, or through opening links in LL's video player.
Patches/pull requests are very welcome! I do want to keep the app as close as possible to Sailfish UX guidelines though, I think I'm on the same page as Dickson here..

The Following User Says Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by accumulator View Post

Patches/pull requests are very welcome! I do want to keep the app as close as possible to Sailfish UX guidelines though, I think I'm on the same page as Dickson here..
That is really good to hear - I am myself very much against half-baked solutions like overlays in the IRC client and I consider Quickddit one of the best SailfishOS applications, UI-wise (I have even given it as an example to developers who claimed that you can't have feature-rich apps while conforming to the UX guidelines), so it is nice to hear you intend to continue in the same manner.

We're definitely on the same page on that one

I'll see what I can do. Seeing that it's now open for pull requests again is already quite a motivation.