Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
If anyone wishes to buy the N900 then take a look on ebay as there are so many for sale i lost count, pages and pages and pages full of N900's all at cheap prices.

So anyone wanting to buy can very easily do so but please stop asking stupid questions like " should i buy N900" it is getting rather boring now.

Originally Posted by anjin View Post
Yes... still no phone
this line just reminded me of all those posts of october/nov/dec 2009 hehe .. soo many people here were waiting for their n900s to start shipping ..

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...973#post377973

Noticeably there are alot of used N900s going for around £150, I plumped for £215 for a brand new one though.

So far I'm very intrigued by it, there are lots of great application in the repos already and I've hardly experimented with it. The device does lock up inexplicably (even when doing a top and a pkill), it's usually related to either flash on website or apt-get updating via the application manager.

Flash video is a quite a slideshow, and actually a bit of a massive disappointment considering my N82 had Flash Lite and could, so far, do everything and more regarding flash. Is there a way to choose lower quality flash streams automatically, like on BBC iPlayer?

The hardware is really nice though, and I'm finding the keyboard a life saver. I'm yet to put a screen protector on it (messed it up first time round) so I haven't used the stylus, but I can imagine it's useful too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dead1nside For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
@DeadInside

Where did you get a brand new one for £215?

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
@DeadInside

Where did you get a brand new one for £215?
Sorry, I should have explicitly said Ebay. Although people's interpretations of brand new on Ebay certainly differs, and I've had bad experiences of buying phones from there too.

Carphone Warehouse do refurb units for £250, you may get a better assured warranty that way. I'll admit that the USB port issue worries me slightly.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Yeah, the USB thing did worry me too. I bought mine in January from Nokia UK store for £339, purely because I was worried about buying second hand. I still worry about the USB plug a bit, but I reckon as long as one is careful when plugging, and particularly unplugging, then it should be ok. I tend to swap batteries over with a spare when needed, so to avoid keep stressing the USB port.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
my opinion that n900 very good phone,but its old now wait for somthing new maybe n950 or another.

Originally Posted by heartbreakdoctor View Post
my opinion that n900 very good phone,but its old now wait for somthing new maybe n950 or another.
That's certainly what I thought. I couldn't afford the N900 when it was released and I was looking forward to big plans for MeeGo. However, clearly that is changed now, and it's a whole different type of uncertainty and clearly a long wait. I'm glad I bought now, I think it stands up to the competition, largely, for my needs anyway. More importantly I want to see improvements to the software, and hope to contribute in some way.

N900 is like the watch from spy kids, its a great device but fails even to classify as a good phone. Of every five calls I have to attend I reject one when pulling out of my pocket. Every time it makes me want to throw it away but I cant coz there is nothing comparable in the competitors domain (Sending commands over IR is one good example). In short though I luv my N900, I would never recommend it to anyone , unless Nokia opens up the phone app and let the community fix it. Though I miss voice navigation, caller tunes(there is an app for it but makes the phone app even more laggy), 3G video calling( oh yes gtalk and skype cannot fill that gap) and the ability to do voice dialing all of which was present in Symbian, its not a deal breaker for me.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Madrid Spain
update: I found a shop with a second hand n900.
It seems in good conditions, it has only one scratch on the screen (around 1 cm) but I probably I could live with it. It comes with n900, battery, a simple usb cable, and the charger. I think it lacks of original headset, the usb cable with two jack (micros usb and mini nokia?), tv cable, and I don't know what more. All that at 270 euro. What do you guys think? Is it a good price? Do i need some sofware disk for delete everything from old owner and have it like new?

I should go to another shop on Monday where probably have more devices available.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, hell no, just shoot me, pros and cons