Closed Thread
First the ruckus in Bundyo's Tear thread, now this...is Spring Troll Season or what ? :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
is Spring Troll Season or what ? :-)
No, I think it's the Lack of New Toys Syndrome.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"At this moment I can confidently say that this is one of the best pieces of technology I have ever owned. I could not envision my life without it.
I purchased a gps receiver and use it to navigate with maemo mapper on a regular basis.
I use it as a media center for movies, tv shows, music, podcasts. and works great.
I use it with Xchat and stay in touch with the IRC community 24/7, I play a web based game competitively and irc is vital for this game.
I am able to seamlessly do the following at the same time: be logged onto xchat, listen to music, and navigate with maemo mapper in my car. I have the device plugged into my civic's audio input Jack.
I use facebook on it, youtube, do my banking, or browse any website.
I have the e-mail system configured for both my personal and business e-mails, and receive all e-mails immediately.
I use the calendar and todo gpe progs to organize my business and my life.
I have the debian package distro whatever it's called I don't even know cause I suck at linux, but it lets me use Open Office 2.4, and use that on a regular basis for all office documents.

Of course my device is connected through my 3G cell phone and has internet wherever I am 24/7"

There's a place on one of the Wikis for "how I use my tablet" Someone should copy this classic passage into that. I would do it, but I can't remember where it is.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
There should be one application to "copy your files to the tablet" that also optimizes them for the devices (video, but also audio files, even images... large 8MP-pictures right from your camera maybe look just as good on the tablet if resized to 800x480).

And it should be an application for (*sigh*) Windows, because this is what most people have.
Something... Like this ? The music/photo options slid off but you get the idea
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
also, if that is QT, its compilable and runnable and installable on any of the OSes most people have.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
can't really tell from the screenshot, but i'd say: no.

there shouldn't be any encoding settings/options at all. the whole UI should be about getting a file from the desktop PC to the tablet, nothing else. so basically a file-magaer with a panel for the tablet or something like that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
can't really tell from the screenshot, but i'd say: no.

there shouldn't be any encoding settings/options at all. the whole UI should be about getting a file from the desktop PC to the tablet, nothing else. so basically a file-magaer with a panel for the tablet or something like that.
Yes, I'd better make a video of how it works. The settings/options are opened because it's in advanced mode (see the 'basic' button ? that would the frame with the extra params go away). Also, it's fully drag and drop. So if you have autostart jobs enabled, you just drop an .avi, or an url link on it's surface and that's it. But enough of the chatter, I'll open a separate topic when I have the demo video.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
LOL. Troll threads can be so entertaining.

I totally sympathize with Omega. I had a similar experience recently: I bought a Toyota Tercell a year ago and I was FURIOUS that it's not as fast as my friend's Corvette!
If they didn't want it to be as fast, then why did they put a speedometer on it that goes up to 115? Freakin rip-off!
I mean, if it's not as fast as that corvette shouldn't it at least be able to pull my boat like my Hummer? That salesman lied to me. He claimed that these were the Toyotas were the most reliable cars I could get, but it hasn't reliably been faster than a Corvette or strong as a Hummer.

Stupid piece of crap! I'm thinking I should sue Toyota for my money.

Last edited by neatojones; 2009-03-29 at 22:39.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neatojones For This Useful Post:
The thread tags say it all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dick-richardson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by neatojones View Post
L
Stupid piece of crap! I'm thinking I should sue Toyota for my money.
Totally agreed. You should sue them for not making your Tercell as good as a Lexus car at least.

OK we all should sue Nokia if they will come out with a better machine in a near future.

Closed Thread

Tags
n810 is a ripoff, n900 is useless, nokia ripoff, not as advertised, paid too much, unresponsive