Notices

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
I suggest to separate the application from the back ends.
As the backends will have to be updated once in a while (sadly), it is almost impossible to get them stable.
If the application itself does not have to be changed, we could move it to stable.
The application then could have a function to go and look for backend updates and download them.

Also, if the back ends (configuration) is held very basic, other users could easily adjust them to the new service requirements.
This would take a big maintaining load from the author and we could respond quicker.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2011-06-02 at 18:11.

Just a note to all SBB users. While its interface is brocken currently, you can instead use the german DB one.It interacts with the SBB one and also knows all the swiss trains.

despite of that I request to add another swiss train system interface. the one from ZVV. (fahrplan.zvv.ch). Maybe this one changes less.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Can we get the options to save several "routes".

If you want to use SBB please try 25-1 (currently in devel) it should work. (if you use the new interface not the legacy one).

Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Just a note to all SBB users. While its interface is brocken currently, you can instead use the german DB one.It interacts with the SBB one and also knows all the swiss trains.

despite of that I request to add another swiss train system interface. the one from ZVV. (fahrplan.zvv.ch). Maybe this one changes less.
DB knows only the regional trains' schedule, but not the local ones e.g. trams within Zurich city.

Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
If you want to use SBB please try 25-1 (currently in devel) it should work. (if you use the new interface not the legacy one).
Hi smurfy.

What do u mean by 25-1?

Please let me know.

thanks

Originally Posted by dina87 View Post
DB knows only the regional trains' schedule, but not the local ones e.g. trams within Zurich city.
Affirmative!
I just figured that out myself.
DB seems not to know all trains. Especially it doesn't always know the quickest route
How ever as Smurfy just said, there are 2 SBB backends, and one of them (not the legacy one) works fine.

Originally Posted by dina87 View Post
Hi smurfy.

What do u mean by 25-1?

Please let me know.

thanks
He means 0.0.25-1, the version which is now in testing.
I would suggest to vote for it at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...plan/0.0.25-1/

To me, the SBB thing is the only not correctly working thing. Also there are some possible improvements for the future. Despite of that I see it as a version which should go into stable repo.
and more...

thanks a lot for the link.. that works well for me

There is now an updated version (0.0.26).

We removed the broken SBB backend and fixed the mobile DB one.
Beside of that, also some other changes happened:
* Added busy indications
* Added timeouts
* Journeys can now be added directly to default calendar
* Journey can now be added to a calendar, even the start time is in the past
* Minor UI changes

Please test and let us know if you find a bug.
and more...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Hello,

I'd like to see another backend - for Czech website idos (idos.cz or mobile.idos.cz) that deals with bus, metro, tram and train transportation. I think I could try to make it myself, but I don't know what is the proper way of making Fahrplan backends. So, is there any documentation for that?

(if this isn't the right thread to ask for this, please at least PM me, thank you)

Last edited by nodevel; 2011-06-23 at 13:47.