Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Sergey any help for the hotmail problem? My existing hotmail account has no such issue but when i added a new account to test the above post's claim i got the same error "Invaild host address for MFE server".

thanks.

Originally Posted by ynnad179 View Post
I had MfE syncing well till last night when I kept encountering the same error message.
Then I hope it is just a temporary thing and it will magically start working in a short while.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
I haven't been able to send an email from my Hotmail account on my N9 for months. . .

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hi,

I have a googlemail account via MFE.
I had it set to sync 2 weeks back.
Now I downloaded MeMailSettings and set this account to sync back all emails (and fetch full MIME).
(in accounts it now says 3 days, I read somewhere this is ok, right?)
But even after a reboot older mails are not synced.
I already tried setting older mails to unread, but even those are not synced.
Am I doing anything wrong or is there anything else I need to do in order to have all mails synced to my device?

Thanks in advance!

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
We aren't the only N9 users unable to sync Hotmail MfE:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...s/td-p/1406165

EDIT: Androids using Exchange rather than MS' own client are also reporting problems.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-cdd93f0a0e04

Seems like MS did something and no one can connect via m.hotmail.com anymore. Maybe it's to push them to use official clients...?
My hotmail still works fine from N9 - send & receive...

The Following User Says Thank You to PhatApteryx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Just to add my name to the list of users for whom Hotmail sync has recently stopped working, with the exact same error message: Invalid host address for Mail for Exchange server

All the normal tricks (e.g. recreating the account) fail to fix the problem.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Can someone collect the activesync logs to check what causes Hotmail problem? I don't have any test devices anymore and I don't use hotmail on my own N9.

Originally Posted by enki71 View Post
Hi, since the pr 1.1 my emails wont sync and sometimes my n9 forget skype passwords accounts (facebook, twitter its ok).

I really need my emails (imap an a server)!
I deleted the 2 accounts, rebooted the phone, created one account, but still not working!
Do i have to erase ALL the accounts in my phone (even non-email accounts like twitter...) ???

I dont want to reset my phone...
there is a solution?
it looks like password's DB is corrupted (I suppose device constantly asking you to enter password(s) for you accounts and so on), so IIRC the only way to fix it is to remove Accounts DB.

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
(in accounts it now says 3 days, I read somewhere this is ok, right?)
Am I doing anything wrong or is there anything else I need to do in order to have all mails synced to my device?
Did you "save" that 3 days setting ? if yes, then don't do this again Try to disable/enable it again in MeMailSettings and do not change this setting in the accounts application.
BTW, I'm not sure that "fetch full MIME" is working fine with Google (because it is not a pure MfE, etc.), moreover, it is not necessary for Google to use this option.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Did you "save" that 3 days setting ? if yes, then don't do this again Try to disable/enable it again in MeMailSettings and do not change this setting in the accounts application.
BTW, I'm not sure that "fetch full MIME" is working fine with Google (because it is not a pure MfE, etc.), moreover, it is not necessary for Google to use this option.
No, I didn`t "save" 3 days in settings. It was changed from two weeks to 3 days after applying "Sync all back" in MeMailSettings - just as its supposed to be if I understand right.
But your second hint did the trick - deactivated "fetch full MIME" and now all mails are synced to my N9!
Thanks a lot! Great job and valuable enhancement!

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
OK, the server address to change to is under activesync.log. The response from the server to look out for is X-MS-Location.

For my logfile, the line containing that looked like this:

So I changed my server address to snt-m.hotmail.com and the sync worked.

Damn... so much work for a simple redirection. (Since PR1.3 is already feature-complete, this isn't going to be fixed then?)

If snt-m.hotmail.com doesn't work for you, follow Sergey's link to dump your own logs.
I checked the logs and yes, it seems that now you should use snt-m.hotmail.com instead of m.hotmail.com. Thanks for your response

P.S. I don't think that error 451 will be handled/fixed soon enough.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Hi there,
I had set up Hotmail on my N9 using MFE. It was working fine. No issue at all. But from some days I am having issues with it and I need help

Whenever I try to update the Hotmail (MFE) it failed and message appears

"Sync didn't work. Invalid host address for Mail for Exchange server".

I have tried many times but failed. I have reboot the device, set up the MFE again but no use. Same issue appears again and again.
(BTW I used this link to set up Hotmail over MFE http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_l...chive/2010/08/ 30/hotmail-now-supports-push-email-calendar-and-contacts-with-exchange -activesync.aspx )

Plz help me urgent...

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950