Active Topics

6 months ago, usb port fell completely out the n900. They repaired it.

Then it happened again last month. wait 2 weeks for it and was chuffed they sent me a brand new n900.

Only to find out the proximity sensor is stuffed. Always showing closed rendering the phone almost useless as a phone as the screen is always black on making and receiving calls.

I'm certain its that after a lot of reading up, testing, reflashing rootfs AND emmc, and testing again. Its constantly stuck on 'closed' state. So now, what do i do?

Send to nokia again and chance that they repair or send me another one? last thing i want is to receive an E7.

Advice appreciated?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by imacmillan View Post
6 months ago, usb port fell completely out the n900. They repaired it.

Then it happened again last month. wait 2 weeks for it and was chuffed they sent me a brand new n900.

Only to find out the proximity sensor is stuffed. Always showing closed rendering the phone almost useless as a phone as the screen is always black on making and receiving calls.

I'm certain its that after a lot of reading up, testing, reflashing rootfs AND emmc, and testing again. Its constantly stuck on 'closed' state. So now, what do i do?

Send to nokia again and chance that they repair or send me another one? last thing i want is to receive an E7.

Advice appreciated?
try get some money back instead. Then go buy old from ebay/tradera...

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Newcastle
Get an E7 and I'll swap for my N900!

The Following User Says Thank You to teethgrinder For This Useful Post:
probably would be a better idea to ebay the e7 and get a new n900 dont you think.... lol

but yeah. i might just call them tomorrow and go insane. see what happens eh

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Newcastle
TBH, anything to do with Nokia careinthecommunity will make you cross.

My N900 - USB port broke, but it was the pins inside. Took to Carphone Wahhouse and they said not a warranty fix. Local independent shop replaces for £30. Also, the Sym key stopped working - suspect CPW again.

Sent to Nokia and just got it back today with new keyboard.

TBH, I was after an E7, as it's the 3rd issue with this refurbished N900 since July. N900 in general is mint, just this particular one is a tard.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ The Hague
Nokia care made me happy. N900 was constantly rebooting. I brought it to Nokia care in the Hague. Two weeks later I got abrandnew unit, no questions asked! So far working flawless.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
So they actually have some N900's huh? Looks like i'm going to Nokia Care and send mine to warranty, but INSIST that I want a fixed or new N900 and not another phone.

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

yeah they must have some hanging about. i'm in UK so apparently theres some left. they only sent the phone though, without battery and back cover. but still. i'm just hoping they replace the prox sensor and that will be the end of it. i love the N900, but it does seem the quality of compnents is clearly lacking in certain areas. i wonder how much complaining and threatening it will take to get an N9....

Rly, again?

Get E7.
Sell on EBAY for £260.
Buy N900.
Buy 8 pack of special brew with change.
You are now drunk and in possession of a new N900.
Win.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
haha! quality plan!

Tags
buysomethinelse, usb fallout