I don't hate Apple (outside of their patent activities, but I hate most companies' patent activities). I hate Steve Job's Jedi mind control ability that brainwashes the legion of Apple fans to the point of absurdity. But to a certain extent the extreme fans and fanboys will always be present with any product or company. Even Nokia and the N900 has them.

Apple makes great usable products that last a long time.They provide a great sandboxed system for the IOS platform that allows them to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Which is great for the average user out there who doesn't know what they're doing (heck sometimes I think some of the N900 users on this forum would be better off with an iPhone since they have no idea what they are doing).

But if you don't want a sandboxed system, you have to fight Apple with every update. Which I find extremely annoying (and why I tend not to bother with the ecosystem).

TLDR version: I don't hate Apple (not really, compared to other companies). I hate Steve Jobs' mind control ability. For example, when a person saying Apple is the best because it's the first company to have a forward facing camera on a phone I just shake my head at disappointment nowadays.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
first: i need a little bit of "i can do what the **** i want"
second no one hates apple.
if you had read the tons of threads you would see that this whole apple is evil thing is just fun.but the fact is that apple says every phone is evil and mean it serious.
and last but not least:
dont take me wrong but do you really thing that with some pointless comments like"iphone made the touchscreen"someone will take you serious??
do you?
common and realize thatt you only a brainwasher sheep.....
my 2 cents

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
My linux desktop looks better than any Mac product... It works better... and I can do more on it.

I run Ubuntu.

I don't hate Apple.. it's just a lesser system. Also.. if you have tried working with support you know how much problems Macs causes.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Don't hate apple. Looks good, works less. Samething with Microsoft.

Products are produced faster and faster, more and more, so the products do not get the attention on production they deserve. More bugs, more mistakes, no thinking, just commerce!

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
i have been reading tons of threads this past week and i see in almost all of them, they bash on apple on how iphone is closed. well its the same as n900, nokia closed the source on some components, so its not fully open sourced but it was advertised as an open sourced phone. ITS NOT
Well, N900 is becoming more open-sourced with MeeGo efforts.

i wanna know why are you bashing on apple.
I'm not. But, Apple sets expectations too high, that's why a minor problem with any of Apple's products can become widely discussed.

if it wasnt for apple, people wouldnt have a sweet music store(itunes)
iTunes isn't sweet for me... No store is sweet for me...

if it wasnt for apple, people were forced to use windows.
Or *nix.

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no touch screen phone till 2011.
Maybe...

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no angrybirds.
I have never used angrybirds. I have never seen them.

can someone reply to me in this thread on why do you hate apple/iphone?
Well... I envy Apple's good looks and don't like their attitude: we are the best, we don't share the code, so nobody can be as good as we are. And: every application on iPhone has to be approved by Apple before installation.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
For some it may be because of...

Originally Posted by Stevie J, BusinessWeek Online, Oct. 12, 2004
I've always wanted to own and control the primary technology in everything we do.
or...

Originally Posted by Same dude, BusinessWeek, May 25 1998
... A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them.

For others it may be...

Originally Posted by Dude in Triumph of the Nerds (1996)
We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.
..and

Originally Posted by Same dude when coming back to Apple
It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy.

Followed by...

Originally Posted by Steve Jobs in Rolling Stone,3 December 2003
We don't believe it's possible to protect digital content ... What's new is this amazingly efficient distribution system for stolen property called the Internet — and no one's gonna shut down the Internet. And it only takes one stolen copy to be on the Internet. And the way we expressed it to them is: Pick one lock — open every door. It only takes one person to pick a lock. Worst case: Somebody just takes the analog outputs of their CD player and rerecords it — puts it on the Internet. You'll never stop that. So what you have to do is compete with it...

...The subscription model of buying music is bankrupt. I think you could make available the Second Coming in a subscription model and it might not be successful.

Lets face it, Apple is Steve Jobs and some people react to him with a gut driven emotion...
The same emotion that they may have felt when they encountered the guy in high school that was better than them at everything he did, knew it, and wasn't shy about telling anyone else that he was.

Originally Posted by SPJ in Triumph of the Nerds
I was worth about over a million dollars when I was twenty-three and over ten million dollars when I was twenty-four, and over a hundred million dollars when I was twenty-five and it wasn't that important because I never did it for the money.
The gut reaction comes when they come to the realization that the dude is right and there ain't a dang thing they can do about it.

iTunes will go down in history as a turning point for the music industry.

But the quote some fear most is...

Originally Posted by Steven Paul Jobs, born 2-24-1955
And another thing...

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-08-26 at 12:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Question to OP:
What kind of device Nokia should make that you would buy?
Let's assume, it could run iFart and most other iPhone apps under emulation.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Actually, I think the problem is the Apple programming that is causing the problem.

You know what I mean - Steve Jobs is spreading his "Reality Distortation" field (TM - patent pending) through Apple products and advertising media.

I've heard iPhone owners say things like:
"the iPhone is not the best phone - it's all about the 'experience' of owning an Apple product"

Or walking into an Apple store and discovering they have a "Genius Bar"
I thought "great! they serve alcohol too?"
Boy! was I disappointed. Instead I spoke to an arrogant, jumped-up little sh** who thought:

1) Apple invented the computer and deserve the right to patent everything because all other companies keep stealing Apple's ideas (e.g. video phone calls)

2) How to hold an iPhone because people "hold it wrong"

3) When I asked him why he was a "Genius" - it was because of his extensive knowledge of Apple products and can troubelshoot any apple problem. I then asked "aren't you just diluting the meaning of genius and hijacking a word to describe people like Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawkins and Thomas Edison?"

He said "No, they are not true geniuses because they never used Apple products in their discoveries and Steve Jobs is the one true genius - patent pending"

4) A 2-buttoned mouse is complicated

At this point I started to feel unwell and my wife said "hey this place looks nice - maybe Apple products are not so bad after all?"

My 9-year old son started running around and shouting "Dad! look at me I'm the reality distortion field" and he then denounced my n900 as "the work of the devil".

I became increasingly unwell and developed a headache.

An overwhelming sense of dread washed over me and realised with a sense of horror what was happening.....The reality distortion field was broadcasting in the Apple store and affecting my wife and kids. But somehow its influence was not working on me but making me sick instead - I seem to have some kind of resistance to it.

The pain in my head was getting worse and noticed all the Apple Store employees had blank expressions and their eyes were completely black!

I grabbed my wife and kids and ran out the store as fast as I could. My daughter tried to free herself from my grip and kept saying "I must use the magical shiney boxes of dreams".

Luckily we escaped. My wife and kids started to feel better and suggested we go to Pizza Hut and everything calmed down.

Unfortunately, I developed a full migraine and had to take pills to sort me out and spent the rest of the day in bed.

I will never enter an Apple Store again - especially the one in Glasgow!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i dont hate iphone.
the iphone is a prime example of awesome UI. i wish the n900 had such a smooth UI.

i just dont like the itunes-diktat and steve jobs (not that steve jobs is an argument against the iphone, but itunes is). also, apple mobiles dont come with keyboard.
for what the iphone is, its great. just as the n900.

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
whoever thinks that meego is gonna be really good, needs a reality check.

im not saying it sucks, i have a n900, i got pissed of the day i bought my phone cuz on the same day they announced meego being the succesor.

anyways do you guys remember the rumors of n900 before it came out?

its the same thing happening to meego/N9.

i am very happy with my n900 but when i read this forums threads, they all bash on iphone that you cant hold it with left hand.

let us fix our own phones mistakes first than we talk about other phones mistakes.

its like a person that never experienced iphone directly sais that it sucks

Tags
fanaticism, ienvy, ifollow imasses, iphåne, iwhine, jealousy, religious wars, whining, worstthreadever