Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
story of my life yesss!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
story of my life yesss!
Well then, now you can feel like joining the cool kids by buying Apple products!

(that is part of their marketing pitch... but don't get me wrong, that's just a slice of their pitch. they're working the market from so many angles, including some technical merit.)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by mece View Post
Takes a special kind of skill to get all points of the argument wrong!
*impressed*
i agree. troll simply trying too hard = fail

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I dislike the living hell out of Steve Ballmer; however even he knows how to keep Microsoft somewhat relevant in these changing times.
Ugh, what is it with Steves (no offense to any Steves that aren't *******).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
At OP: People are always jealous of success.

That said, I don't see that much Apple hate on here.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

i wanna know why are you bashing on apple.
I'm not bashing apple.

if it wasnt for apple, people wouldnt have a sweet music store(itunes)
The thought I'd need itunes for something has never crossed my mind.

if it wasnt for apple, people were forced to use windows.
I've used Linux since 2003

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no touch screen phone till 2011.
Ooh.. I can play this too. Without Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola there would be no cellphones affordable to John Doe until 2050.

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no angrybirds.
Really?

can someone reply to me in this thread on why do you hate apple/iphone?
Yes.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
If you like:

Microsoft stuff = You are an abuse victim. Every new version of Windows claims to fix the shortcomings of the previous version and you keep going back. Its not Microsoft's fault - it's yours.

Apple = You want to be cool. You want the drool wiped from your mouth and someone to make decisions for you. You look ridiculous in you black turtle neck but so what you are cool. You like being plugged into the matrix - you have no matrix superpowers because that would violate the Apple "terms of service".

Google Android = You don't like to be an individual and seek the comfort of others. You don't need any privacy because you find the Borg Collective a comforting thought. Resistance is futile because everything will be assimilated by Google anyway.

Nokia Linux = You feel subversive and you are a rebel without a clue. You don't believe in "a finished state" - finished software is a conspiracy like the moon landings and enjoy your software to be in a permanent state of flux. Editing configuration files by hand is just the "right way to do things".

Last edited by johnel; 2010-08-31 at 08:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
idk if theres an app for this but can you download youtube videos and convert them to n900 video format?

are there any good games for ubuntu?

is there any way i can get my built in fingerprint reader to work in ubuntu?
Once one picks a shovel, there is nothing like keep digging to see how low you can fall.

You dont need to convert youtube videos to see them in the N900. I downloaded a bunch in my pc, transferred the flv files to the N900 and the mediaplayer see and play them well. Plus there are a several youtube video downloaders native to the N900. Ive seen videos bigger than the screen resolution and in almost any format in the N900, no conversion needed. And even leaving the movie for days, and continue watching it in the point i left days laters. You keep putting N900 advantages over the iphone as iphone advantages.

I don't hate apple. I think they have their own space, their own reasons, and they are actually doing some good things (i.e. the crusade to eliminate flash from the web, even if in that the n900 is still better than the iphone/ipad, would be a great thing if happens, Mac OS X popularizing and making look cool a *nix environment, giving general attention to the smart part of phones, etc).
But could hate people, specially the ones that say things equivalent to "I am the one that have the reason because 2 + 2 IS 5", even myself if i catch me falling into that.

Btw, there are forums and sites regarding ubuntu, be generous and give them the same fun that you are giving to us.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Isn`t that beautiful?Apple can`t offer me a product as beautiful as my custom made PC.You grow attach to it.I don`t see me being attached to any $3000 mac or $700 iphone because all of these devices are souless (and devilish).That is the same reason I like the N900.It has soul.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i have been reading tons of threads this past week and i see in almost all of them, they bash on apple on how iphone is closed. well its the same as n900, nokia closed the source on some components, so its not fully open sourced but it was advertised as an open sourced phone. ITS NOT

i wanna know why are you bashing on apple.

if it wasnt for apple, people wouldnt have a sweet music store(itunes)

if it wasnt for apple, people were forced to use windows.

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no touch screen phone till 2011.

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no angrybirds.

can someone reply to me in this thread on why do you hate apple/iphone?
definately info-challenged here.

if it wasnt for apple, all cellular phone users would proly be able to not HAVE to be controled by iTunes, and would be able to just purchase from amazon or other places as any other format and not be stuck converting to aac.

if it wasnt for windows investing $150,000,000.00 in non-voting stock, apple would have disappeard in the 90's. if it wasnt for microsoft taking the glutten blow of the laws, then apple wouldnt be able to get away with thier monopoly ploy they are putting in place. anyone remember napster? yet all the other sharing companies are left alone.

nokia had the first true "smartphone" in 1996 with the i9000 communicator...then the first true touch screen smartphone in 2004 (3 years before apple even sent its first phone out) with the 7710 on s90, which was a strong media device of its time. ain't it great how apple seems to inovate?

why is angry birds so important in this? even if they werent there, and apple was not inventing everything, surely there would still be some birds crapping on my audi. but as for the game, who knows...but that is not even a reason for this debate.

lets not forget about how apple uses its tactics for growth and inovations. being here in the silicon valley, it is not even close to a small grin about seeing them constantly, arrogently "stealing" techonology form elsewhere, and then claiming it as thiers, then in a legal battle, will letigiously put that smaller company out of business and then turn around purchase it, then smuggly "see, told ya it was ours"

how about fighting everything that they cannot control.

how about paying $60+USD for a mouse...

how about paying $50+USD for a charger....

how about not having to go to "A" store to get what you need and have to breathe what smells like cold dirty laundry every time?

how about having to carry a charger everywhere you go because you cannot change a battery (iphone specific and ipad)

how about having to have an app made for everything before you can do anything? whereas you should be able to just go to the site and get what you want....nokia has been able to do this since the early communicator days. yet another inovation.

how about being able to download music from any site you want and just save it to your unit and it actually plays?

how about creating the ability for competition by allowing universal products to be used...ie-headsets, cables, etc.

how about holding my phone any damn way i feel like it and it still working?

how about finally not stealing one of nokia's patents where they had to create thier own gsm antanna configuration and seeing the issues they have truely invented....finaly.

how about blaming all thier visual issues on flash (adobe) and pushing their own html5.

how about right click?

what else do you want to know? once you get your nokia devices, from 2004 on working and know how to use them, and other then someof the non-touch screens, try to use iOS or android, especially after meamo, you feel this sudden grasp of clamp on you back cheek where you strat to think, now why cant i do that?

then suddenly, an app comes out for it, and just like the rest of the sheep, you go, see ....it can.

hint, the ONLY reason they have to have apps is because thier unit is not able to do it naturally...and OTHERS have to conform to IT.

just look at the latest ads after the ipad was launched....in script at the bottom, "start making your applications to work on the ipad now"

*yawn*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanaticism, ienvy, ifollow imasses, iphåne, iwhine, jealousy, religious wars, whining, worstthreadever