Closed Thread
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Samsung will be probably the biggest player in the smart phone section in the end of 2011. Let's hope the rumors Samsung bringing Meego phone next autumn turns to facts.
I think it's a great thing! Nokia is falling down and will disappear i 2 or 3 years. Samsung is huge and with a large community like maemo.org or meego, they can do great things!

Investors seems to think, it'll take Nokia till 2012/2013 to be completely up to speed on Windows Phone. (Ironically, MeeGo is being dumped because it's not market ready in 2011.)

So, those are the big lines that defined the drop in price. I expect after a drop, it'll go up a little before it stabilized. But generally I think we need good news to see any big growth until late 2012.

Q1 numbers may indicate that Nokia doesn't fail as much on short term as analytics thought. Or, that Nokia fails even more. So Q1 numbers are going to change the price, one way or another.

Nokia seeks to keep MeeGo developers with raises, bonuses

link

After all it looks like they still need to bet on meego.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by sacal View Post

link

To mee it seems Nokia is getting nervous. Symbian and Maemo/MeeGo are both open source. If thousands (can't imagine there are that many, but anyway) of highly skilled software engineers, experts in Qt and Linux for ARM devices as well as Symbian suddenly finds themselves without a job, there is nothing preventing them continuing what they are doing, but for someone else. It could be anyone, HTC, SE, Samsung or some chinese company wanting to have MeeGo and Qt on some nice piece of HW.

Elop´s plan A is disaster, as stock markets and recent damage control news from Nokia clearly shows.
Plan B or its variants would be the right way and stock price could be +40% from current levels.

Originally Posted by sacal View Post

link

No, it looks like they're trying to prevent the rats from leaving the ship before the N950 is ready. Basically, this says "our current plan is so flawed, that the chance of losing developers before the next waypoint is significant, we need to ensure that we at least get there".

While Elops plan is a disaster, changing strategy now would yet again confirm for the analytics all they need to know about Nokia being unable to set a strategy even when they try hard.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
I think it's a great thing! Nokia is falling down and will disappear i 2 or 3 years. Samsung is huge and with a large community like maemo.org or meego, they can do great things!
Heh... so much irony in that post. It's precisely Nokia's huge size that led to its current problems. So... Samsung would be next to fall.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Bye bye Finland, hello Vietnam.

http://www.emoneydaily.com/nokia-cor...nsion/69810075

By the way, stock is dropping again today.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Nokia stock massacre: apparently setting the Symbian platform on fire had more of an impact than Nokia predicted.

"Shares of NOK opened today’s session trading at just $7.10 (-13.41%), which is their lowest intraday level since 1998."

1998. Consider how far the cell phone market has come since 1998.

Here's the graph: Nokia development since suicide memo leak

Last edited by volt; 2011-05-31 at 14:25.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen