Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
For those of us using CalDAV, is your N9 able to delete calendar events on your CalDAV server? I'm using DAViCal as my server. My N9 can't delete calendar events. I'm in touch with the developers and we're not sure if it's an N9 bug or a DAViCal bug.

The issue seems to be that the N9 sends a content-type='application/xml' header in its DELETE requests. The request body, however, is empty. DAViCal treats that as an error. According to the developers, the standard says there shouldn't be a request body for DELETE. Apparently, the standard doesn't say what to do.

If it works for you, please tell me which CalDAV server you're using. That would help a lot.

Last edited by talmage; 2012-10-11 at 21:46. Reason: This problem has been solved.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Just checked, and it deletes fine. I'm using SOGo for my CalDav server.

For me the only issue is that when I mark tasks as completed on my N9 it doesn't get synced with the server, but it's no big deal.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi. If I'm not misunderstanding you're syncing N9's caldav with SOGo and it's working fine. Right?

Well, I've tried it but have 2 problems:
- tasks only sync one way (from n9 to SOGo)
- calendar events shift 1 or 2 hours from the original time it was created.

Syncevolution on N9 and N900 (this one with caldav) works ok. And SOGo configuration is ok too. Caldav on ipad and android device is working ok.
Please tell what could be wrong if you have an idea.
Thanks!
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

It's working now! I've asked with one of the DAViCal developers on irc #davical at oxygen.oftc.net. He or she supplied me with a patch that worked. FWIW, I didn't apply the patch using patch(1). Instead, I applied the three changes in the right spot in my installation. I did that because the developer is working with a different version than the one I installed.

I suppose I should explain the cause of the problem. It's perhaps a bug in the N9's implementation of CalDAV.

When the N9 sends a DELETE message, it includes the Content-Type: "application/xml" header and no Content-Length. (I think this implies Content-Length:0.) Apparently, the CalDAV spec says that DELETE has no body, so there isn't any need to send the Content-Type header.

This confused DAViCal. According to the developer, the spec doesn't cover this particular case. The patch he or she gave me fixes the issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talmage For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by talmage View Post
I suppose I should explain the cause of the problem. It's perhaps a bug in the N9's implementation of CalDAV.

When the N9 sends a DELETE message, it includes the Content-Type: "application/xml" header and no Content-Length. (I think this implies Content-Length:0.) Apparently, the CalDAV spec says that DELETE has no body, so there isn't any need to send the Content-Type header.

This confused DAViCal. According to the developer, the spec doesn't cover this particular case. The patch he or she gave me fixes the issue.
Thanks for sharing this, it would be great if you could post that here.
That's the official bug tracker since the real one was closed a few weeks after PR1.2.
It's the only place Harmattan devs are still screening....
Of course it's no guarantee it'll be fixed, but at least it's being placed in front of them.
Alternately if there's already the same or similar issue in the tracker, you could add to the existing notes in the ticket.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thanks for sharing this, it would be great if you could post that here.
Thanks for the suggestion, jaylst. I posted my bug bug report.